Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

10 Simple, Clean Eating Breakfast Ideas

Breakfast! You have heard over and over that it's the most important meal of the day...but if you are anything like me, you never believed it! I was NEVER a breakfast eater until about a year ago. I have learned to LOVE and appreciate breakfast, especially a healthy, clean eating breakfast! It truly is a meal that fuels me through the morning and without it, I am a wreck by 9am!!

10 Simple Healthy Breakfasts
Breakfast does not have to be complicated at all! On the weekdays I am rushing around getting 3 kids (and myself!) out the door, so Mama don't have TIME for anything fancy! What I do have time for is making sure I get at least one serving of protein in--because that is what will help keep me full until snack time!
Here are my top choices for easy, FAST healthy breakfasts ~
    1. Overnight Oats + berries: If you haven't jumped aboard the overnight oats bandwagon, it's not too late! Takes about 3 minutes to prep before bed and you wake up to a delicious breakfast! Here is a "base" recipe: 1/2 unsweetened almond milk + 1/2 cup rolled or steel cut oats + 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup. Stir togther and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, top with berries and enjoy!
      2. 2% Cottage Cheese and Berries
        3. Egg Cups: Another bandwagon you MUST get on! I make a batch of 12 on a Sunday and have them for breakfast or snacks the whole week. You can add whatever you want but see one recipe HERE.
          4. Whole Wheat English Muffin + 2 teaspoons peanut butter + sliced banana

          5. 1 slice whole wheat toast topped with 2 hard boiled eggs, salt and pepper

          6. Thin whole wheat bagel or English muffin, toasted + 2 slices Canadian Bacon + 1 slice of sharp cheddar cheese

          7. 2% Plain Greek Yogurt + Honey + Almonds


          10 Clean Eating Breakfast Ideas

          8. Whole wheat toast spread with 1/2 avocado + sliced tomato

          9. Whole wheat waffle, toasted with peanut butter  + 1/2 cup fruit

          10. 2% cottage cheese + 1 small apple, diced + sprinkle of cinnamon

          10 super simple clean eating breakfast ideas

          No comments:

          Post a Comment

          Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

          Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...