Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

8 Simple Fixes to Beat a Sugar Craving

Beating a sugar craving healthy low sugar snacks

Ever had a sugar craving??!! Of course you have! Who hasn't??! Sugar--we've been told by many that it's the enemy these days! The typical amount of sugar we are "supposed" to consume (a number set by the powers that be) is around 25 grams for women. The average person consumes over 82 grams! Wowza! And it's so easy to do--there is sugar in EVERYTHING--from bread to salad dressing.


We ALLLLL have those times times where we just need "a little something sweet." Usually this happens to me after dinner. Instead of wolfing down a huge piece of cake (55g of sugar) or a candy bar (35g of sugar) or a Starbucks Frappuchino (about 46g in a Tall)....here are some other options that won't blow your daily sugar intake out of the water!!


Fix #1: Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
They are small, but mighty! This is my go-to snack for a sugar craving! They are great to throw in your purse for a snack on the go!

Peanut Butter + Chocolate Energy Bites


Fix #2: Protein Shake
I am telling you this is the #1 thing I give credit to for curbing my sugar cravings all day! Plus it's packed with vitamins, superfoods and pre and pro biotics. Chocolate is my favorite when I get an afternoon sugar craving, but this Strawberry "Mojito" one rocks my world too!!!

shakeology sweet treat beating a sugar craving

Fix #3: Greek Yogurt Cookie Dough
This "dessert" is one of my very favorite sweet treats! You can pull it together in about 1 minute!

Greek yogurt cookie dough beating sugar cravings sweet treat

Fix #4: Peanut butter dip with apples
I mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with about 1 tablespoon of water....stir until water is incorporated and it's nice and smooth. Drizzle in honey and stir for a smooth, creamy and SWEET dip with apples!
PEANUT BUTTER DIP WITH APPLES BEATING A SUGAR CRAVING SWEET TREAT

Fix #5: Dried fruit
It doesn't get much easier than this! The bulk containers in the grocery store have endless options. Just be sure to get fruit without extra sugar added. My faves are pineapple and mango.
beating a sugar craving dried fruit sweet treat

Fix #6: Cinnamon apples with vanilla frozen yogurt
Throw some apples in the slow cooker with a little brown sugar (or coconut sugar), cinnamon and nutmeg and you have dessert for the whole week! Add a little vanilla frozen yogurt for an extra sweet treat!
Beating a sugar craving cinnamon apples 

Fix #7: Frozen Grapes
Nothing is easier! It's great to freeze grapes when they are on the verge of going bad--they're extra sweet when they come out of the freezer :)
[caption id="attachment_1377" align="aligncenter" width="400"]beating a sugar craving sweet treat frozen grapes


Fix #8: Healthy Dole Whip
I have never had REAL Dole Whip so I don't know the difference between this and the "real" version. All I know is that this is something I could eat every single day!!!
beating a sugar craving healthy dole whip sweet treats 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...