Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

St. Patty's Day Crockpot Beef + Guinness Stew

ST PATTYS DAY HEALTHY RECIPES GUINNESS STEW CLEAN EATING

Happy St. Patty's Day to ya! Is it St. PATTY'S or St. Paddy's?? It's short for St. Patrick so why do people spell it with  two "d"'s?? #lifesmysteries. Anyhoo, today I am am sharing and oldie but goodie recipe I have had in the archives for years--Crockpot Beef + Guinness Stew!

ST PATTYS DAY CLEAN EATING STEW HEALTHY STEW

Is it totally healthy? Mmmmm..let's call it "healthy'ish." After all, I do insist on eating right 80% of the time and St. Patty's Day I believe falls into the other 20%. :) The reason I love this stew is because it's E-A-S-Y! Enjoy!!!

Photo Credit: Blissfully Delicious

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. stew meat, cut into large chunks
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 14.5 oz can of Guinness
1 cup beef stock (or more, as it cooks)
3-4 large carrots, cut into chunks
2 springs fresh thyme
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt/Pepper

 INSTRUCTIONS
1. Toss stew meat with flour, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a tablespoon or two of olive oil in a large skillet and cook meat in batches until it is just golden brown on the outside (does NOT need to be cooked through).
**LAZY GIRL NOTE: You can skip the browning of the meat and just throw it right until the crockpot after you have seasoned it, but know that you will be missing a KEY layer of flavor that happens when you brown the meat.
3. Toss browned meat into the crockpot along with the onions, garlic, carrot, tomato paste and sprigs of thyme. Pour beef stock and Guinness down over the top of everything and give everything a nice stir.
4. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH for 5-6 hours until meat is tender. If the stew needs more liquid as it cooks, feel free to add more beer or beef stock :)
5. Serve with Irish soda bread or any crusty bread...and more Guinness :) Because remember...

ST PATTY'S DAY STEW CROCKPOT RECIPES CLEAN EATING HEALTHY STEW


5 Super Simple Meal Prep Tips

Meal Prep....something many of us WANT to do, but can never seem to get their sh** together enough to actually DO IT! I know, because tha...