Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Crockpot Minestrone Soup ~ 21 Day Fix Approved!

So last week (and this week, too!) has been sickness central over here. Add in a little rain and dreary weather and it's just straight up time to bust out the soup!! This soup is just AWESOME. It's easy and it's PACKED with veggies, protein, vitamins and antioxidants galore!

This recipe was one of the recipes in my free online crockpot group I hosted on Facebook last month and it was a HIT!!! You haven't checked out one of my free Facebook groups, comment or email me (alittlebitofcheer01@gmail.com) and I can add you to the next one! Right now I am hosting a Clean Eating group and I will most likely do another crockpot group in January! They are so much fun! :)


Crockpot Minestrone Soup
**Serves 6+
21 Day Fix ~ 1 cup = 1 Green, 1 Yellow, ½ Red


1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage
1 small onion, diced
2-3 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups frozen green beans
1 small zucchini, diced
1 cup fresh spinach
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices
6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup elbow or small sized pasta (whole wheat if you can find it)
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)


1. Brown sausage in a skillet, breaking into small pieces; add to crockpot.
2. Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, green beans, tomatoes, broth, and beans to crockpot

3. Add the bay leaves, oregano, rosemary, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
5. 30-40 minutes before the soup is done cooking, add in the zucchini, pasta, and spinach.
6. Cook until pasta is tender.
7. Remove bay leaves. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
8. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese and mixed greens. 


Enjoy!!!!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to add this to the rotation for next week..this week's recipes that I randomly found on pinterest have been only so-so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Casey, we've been so sick too!!! It's the WORST!!! This soup looks delicious and I love my crock pot! :) Side note, good for you for doing the 21 day fix!!!

    -Adriele
    http://www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this recipe the first time and now adding it to next week's meal plan again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips. Will definitely give a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look yummy! I am always on the hunt for more croc-pot meals, thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...