Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

6 Low Calorie Drinks & Cocktails

LOW CALORIE DRINKS AND COCKTAILS

We might try our best to eat well and work out...and think we've got it all figured out, right?? WRONG! At least for me, "liquid calories" can definitely get the best of me and set me WAY back on my health and fitness goals.

For Lent, I gave up drinking wine during the week. If you follow me on Facebook, you know I LOVE MY WINE!!! But as soon as I made the small change and cut it out during the week, I really noticed a difference in the way my tummy looked and how I felt! Let's just say alcohol does NOT help with the bloat factor!!

LOW CALORIE DRINKS AND COCKTAILS
I won't lie and say that I would ever get to a point where I would cut wine completely, but I will say it's been great seeing the results when I cut back. I know wine isn't everyone's game, so I put together a list of 6 "healthy" alcoholic drink options. "Healthy" is a relative term--it doesn't mean you can drink 10 of these just because they are low cal! However, I am putting out these options -- because as the weather gets warmer and you become more conscious of your waistline--cutting the calories in your drink can't hurt. #youarewelcome


OPTION 1: VODKA + LA  CROIX (100 calories)
1.5 ounces of vodka has about 100 calories. La Croix has none #dothemath. Top it off with a squeeze of citrus and you are good to go!

OPTION 2: SKINNY COSMO (98 calories)
3 oz. low calorie cranberry juice (no artificial sweetener)
1 oz. raspberry vodka
Squeeze of lime
Ice
Add ingredients to a shaker cup, shake well and let the party begin!

OPTION 3: TIPSY ARNOLD PALMER (70 calories)
Juice of 1 lemon and 3 oz. water
2 teabags steeped in 3 oz. boiling water and cooled
2 oz. vodka
Mint springs, optional for garnish
Ice
Mix first two ingredients. Add vodka and pour over ice. Stir. Garnish with mint. Don't try to play golf after this :)

OPTION 4:SKINNY  PINA COLADA (146 calories)

1 8-oz. can chunk pineapple (with juice)
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 cup nonfat (skim) milk
1 cup ice cubes
Place ingredients in blender and blend well. Vacation time!!!!!!!

OPTION 5: STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI (120 calories)
½ cup sliced strawberries
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1.5 oz. light rum
Ice
Throw it all in a blender and let the good times roll.

OPTION 6: WINE (4 oz = 100 calories)
Red wine obviously has more health benefits, but since we are talking calories, a glass of red or white will run you about 100 calories...not too shabby! In the summer, I love adding La Croix and lime to chilled white wine---bigger glass, same calories #dothemath

Hope these yummy drinks will help get your party started! Do you have a favorite go-to drink??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...