Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Work Wear Challenge ~ Week 2 Favorites

Happy Wednesday, pretties!!! It's been a blast putting together Work Wear outfits the Work Wear Challenge! See last week's faves HERE.

Keep in mind, I work at a school where we can't wear jeans (except on Fridays) but overall, it's fairly casual. If you work in a more dressy environment, keep in mind the "outfit formula" but feel free to sub in dress pants or slacks or dressier blouses and shirts.

Here we go!

1. Gray Jeans + Black Tee + Blazer + Pearls + Leopard Heels ~ I've pretty decided pearls can make an casual outfit "business casual!" I like this outfit because I can use my blazer as outwear-when I take it off, I still look dressed up enough to look professional at work. This outfit would also look awesome with a pretty black blouse like THIS ONE. :)


Gray Jeans: Loft (similar, similar)
Black Tee: similar, similar
Blazer: Loft (similar, great casual option)
Leopard Heels: Payless (similar, flats)

2. Dark Wash Jeans + Oxford/Chambray Shirt + Cardigan + Heels ~ Even if your workplace is lax about jeans, I think it's still important to "look nice." So leave the ripped and acid washed jeans and home :) and opt for nice dark washed jeans. The oxford shirt and jeans provides a great base and you can add whatever other "third piece" over it...a colored cardigan, blazer, moto jacket, etc.


Jeans: Denzien/Target (exact, similar)
Chambray Tank: H&M (similar, long sleeve blouse)
Cardigan: similar (cozy purple)
Leopard Heels: Payless (similar, flats)

3. Printed Skirt + Black Tee + Pearls ~ Here's the black tee again! A great, versatile piece for work! For whatever reason, I'm just totally loving black and white right now. You can easily add color, though with bright shoes, a colored handbag and fun statement necklace!


Striped Skirt: similar, cute option
Black Tee: similar, similar
Black Wedges:similar

Work wear pieces are all about mixing and matching. Invest in good quality pieces (great skirt, pants/slack, neutral blouses, nice blazer)--then it's all about mixing and matching and throwing on one or two nice accessories (nice watch, pearls!). So easy!! Work in complicated enough without worrying about complicated outfits :)

What are your work wear staples?

Don't forget....Create28 Fall is coming!! We hope you'll join us!!!




Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

14 comments:

  1. Since I work from a home office, I'm usually in jeans. But if I had a workplace to go to I would love these outfits! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those leopard heels are the cutest! I may have said that before! Can't wait to see your fall challenge looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how all of your outfits are beautifully preppy, but with a spin. Like those leopard heels! They're awesome.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these looks and would totally wear them to work! I love how the details in each make them special. My workwear go-tos are dresses and cardigans lately.
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work wear looks, Casey! I have GOT to start wearing my heels more often. They really "elevate" the look (pun intended). I put my pearls away for the summer but it's time to get them back out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they "elevate" the look, totally! Especially for short gals like myself! XO

      Delete
  6. Such a chic & classic look. Serious fall perfection! -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to remember trying my shirts buttoned up with the necklace under the collar. Looks really classy. Very cute leopard shoes. Is that a kitten heel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leslie! They're not..they are about 2.5 inches ...about the highest I can go without falling over! I do need to get more kitten heels--those are my fave! XO

      Delete
  8. I need to try this black blazer, grey jeans and leopard flats look! I have all of this and love it!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wearing pearls, they really do class up any outfit . Love all your looks!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stylish and chic in all your looks!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...