Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Work Wear Challenge Favorites

Well, the Work Wear Challenge was over as fast as it started! I was so happy to get some new outfit formulas to wear to work.


 Here are some of my takeaways from the Work Wear Challenge ~

1. A few, good quality pieces are the key to a good work wardrobe.

2. Work wear can be easily dressed up or down based on fabrics. For instance, gray pants/slacks can be worn in a dressy work environment and grey jeans in a more casual work place.

3. Pearls make just about outfit work appropriate!! :)

4.  Tucking in and adding a fun belt can elevate an outfit from casual and work appropriate.

5. A blazer always looks polished.

Here's another look at all the outfit formulas individually ~

1. Black Pants + Polka Dot (or printed) Top + Cardigan + Leopard Heels/Flats 


Black Jeans: Express (exact, similar)
Polka Dot Top: via Poshmark (similar, option)
Cardigan: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Leopard Heels: Payless (similar, flats)

2. Printed Skirt + Chambray/Oxford Top + Pearls 

Printed Skirt: thredUP (option, option)
Chambray Tank: H&M (similar, long sleeve blouse)
Pearls:(similar, similar)
Sandals: Target-Sold Out (option, option)

 3. Colored Pants + White Top + Neutral Heels/Flats

Chinos: J Crew Factory - exact color sold out (same style)
White Portofino: Express (exact)
Nude Heels: Payless (exact, similar)
Leopard Belt: Target (exact, similar)

 4.  Gray Jeans + Black Tee + Blazer + Pearls + Leopard Heels



Gray Jeans: Loft (similar, similar)
Black Tee: similar, similar
Blazer: Loft (similar, great casual option)
Leopard Heels: Payless (similar, flats)



5. Dark Wash Jeans + Oxford/Chambray Shirt + Cardigan + Heels

Jeans: Denzien/Target (exact, similar)
Chambray Tank: H&M (similar, long sleeve blouse)
Cardigan: similar (cozy purple)
Leopard Heels: Payless (similar, flats)

 6. Printed Skirt + Black Tee + Pearls

Striped Skirt: similar, cute option
Black Tee: similar, similar
Black Wedges:similar

 7.  Colored Pants + Polka Top + Blazer + Leopard Heels/Flats


Burgandy Cords: Loft (similar, in Tibetan Red)
Polka Dot Top: via Poshmark (similar, option)
Blazer: Loft (similar, great casual option)
Earrings: Stella & Dot (exact)
Leopard Heels: Payless (similar, flats)


 That's a wrap for the Work Wear Challenge, pretties! Hope you are able to use some of these outfit formulas to find some new outfits from work! Enjoy the rest of your week!

AND DON'T FORGET!!! Create28 Fall starts TOMORROW!!! Woo hoo! Join Carrie, Whitney and me as we share 28 days of fall fashion--we hope you join us, too! Use the hashtag #Create28FallLooks and link up with us every Monday!




Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

7 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm in for Create28. Excited for the freedom of creating my own outfit but also with some guidance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that polka dot shirt and your plain black tee. I also want to find a black blazer that is longer, the one I have is very tailored and fitted and short. OH the list of things I want is endless, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your takes on these combinations! I have many similar pieces in my closet so I may just have to steal a few of these. Thanks for the inspiration! Can't wait to join the IG challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great Work Looks Casey. Congrats. I love that high-neck white sleeveless blouse of yours.

    Looking forward to following as many as your prompts for the October challenge starting tomorrow with Carrie, Whitney and you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I did the work wear challenge last year it was super dressy and more for a corporate office look. I knew that wouldn't be helpful to me this year in my casual environment but I see how you pulled it off so well. Great looks, Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great looks and agree with you tips.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently I'm a sucker for black and white patterns this morning because I'm loving the polka dot blouse looks and the striped skirt look!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...