Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Work Wear Challenge ~ Week 1 Favorites

The Work Wear Challenge with started last week and it's been a blast playing along with the girls from the Challenge!! Although I only work 2 days I week, I sometimes run out of business casual ideas to wear to work (I work at a K-8 school). The Work Wear Challenge has given me so many great ideas and the best part of it was, I had 90% of the items already in my closet! If I didn't, I made little adaptations here and there.

Here are my Top 3 outfits from last week ~

1. Black Pants + Polka Dot (or printed) Top + Cardigan + Leopard Heels/Flats ~ I had been looking for a cute polka dot top for awhile and this is one the few items I purchased for the Challenge. I ended up buying it via Poshmark and I love it and will be wearing it again and again!




Black Jeans: Express (exact, similar)
Polka Dot Top: via Poshmark (similar, option)
Cardigan: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Leopard Heels: Payless (similar, flats)

2. Printed Skirt + Chambray/Oxford Top + Pearls ~ I LOVED this combo! I wore it to work and got so many compliments. The pearls dress it up just enough, but then paired with sandals, it wasn't too dressy to look out of place at work. The original outfit called for colored heels (red would be awesome!) which I don't own, but I think the sandals were perfect for my work place. BTW-I purchased this skirt from thredUP (you know how much I love them)! Here's the link to get $20 off your first order: $20 OFF!
 

Printed Skirt: thredUP (option, option)
Chambray Tank: H&M (similar, long sleeve blouse)
Pearls:(similar, similar)
Sandals: Target-Sold Out (option, option)

3. Colored Pants + White Top + Neutral Heels/Flats ~ The original outfit showed a long sleeved white blouse but since temps were in the 90s here last week, I opted for my trusty sleeveless Portofino top. If this isn't acceptable in your work place you could easily throw a black blazer or neutral cardi over the top. Or you could do a long sleeve white blouse and colored slacks (vs. my casual chinos)--just adapt it to your workplace!! I added a leopard belt for fun :)


Chinos: J Crew Factory - exact color sold out (same style)
White Portofino: Express (exact)
Nude Heels: Payless (exact, similar)
Leopard Belt: Target (exact, similar)

Hope this gives you a few ideas for work! Remember, just use the outfit formula and adapt it to your workplace. For instance, I did black jeans because I work in a casual environment, but you can easily just swap them for black slacks/pixie pants, etc if your workplace is more dressy.  I'll be recapping 3 more of my favorite Work Wear outfits next Wednesday! Enjoy the rest of your week! XO



Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png  

14 comments:

  1. You nailed the first week of the Work Challenge, Casey. I love that first outfit. Also the mosaic b+w skirt and sleeveless chambray are so cute!

    Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these! I work from home but when I have to travel or go to meetings, I'm always stumped on what to wear. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that black & white polka dot top! Great job putting together all of the outfits :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting to see your work wear looks. All are perfect on you and not too overdone for like a corporate look. That polka dot top, skirt and colored pants....want those pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your polka dot top! Actually, I love the whole look :) Also, you make the chambray look so chic with the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are such great looks! I really love that second one and the leopard heels in the first one!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your first and second look! That pink cardigan is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last look is my fav! Love the color of those pants!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all great work looks! I love the mix of dots and leopard in that first look--I may just have to recreate that one! Thanks for the work outfit inspiration! :)
    www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, glad to see some of the work wear looks. That first little sleeveless top is so cute and feminine. Love the little ruffle at the collar. That pink cardi paired with it is perfect. Really pretty pink. I am sure you were at the top of the class for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the first outfit on you, pink is your color!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfits, the polka dot blouse is really pretty :-)

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the printed skirt and the chambray top. Thanks for linking up for Style Saturday. xo~ Megan

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...