Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Remixing & Tips for Shopping on thredUP

Happy Wednesday! Last month, I featured this black lace skirt (originally $108!) that I bought on thredUP for $11! See original post HERE.

Lace Skirt Remixing

Today, I am remixing this awesome skirt and transitioning it to Fall!

Lace Skirt Remixing
Lace Skirt: J.Crew via thredUP (option, option)
Olive Top: Target (similar, similar)
Vest: via Jane.com (the "real" one, option)--check Jane and Groopdealz, often! I have already seen this vest on both sites and they sell out FAST!
Ankle Boots: DSW (option, option, option)
Necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)

This little lace skirt is SO versatile and spans the seasons, which you know I LOVE! Later on, I will definitely throw on some tights and tall boots or black wedge booties as well.

Lace Skirt Remixing

Lace Skirt Remixing

Can you believe I got this $108 skirt for $11? I used a $20 credit that I got for initially signing up. You can do the same!! Click HERE to sign up with thredUP ASAP and both of us will get a $20 credit for anything on their site!

Now, if you haven't used thredUP before, it can be a little overwhelming. They are SO MANY ITEMS on their site, which is a great thing, but it can get time consuming to sift through it all. Since I have become a regular thredUP shopper, I put together some tips that will hopefully help you easily navigate their site and find things you LOVE!


1. Computer ~ Use a PC or home computer/laptop vs. a tablet or your phone if you want to search for something really specific such as "striped skirt" "polka dot top." There is no search bar on the app (see #2).

2. Search Bar ~ At the top right of the website (not the app), there is a search bar that works really well at narrowing down a specific item. For instance "long cardigan" or "polka dot top."

3. Sizing ~ After searching for something specific, always put in your sizing and save your search--use the orange "Save Now" button on the top left. This makes it really easy to go back a few times a week (day?!) and see what they have added. They seem to add new items by the hour!

4. Personal Shop ~ Create a personal shop of brands you love, along with your sizing. For instance, I know my sizing at J. Crew Factory, so I have a J. Crew Factory shop with my sizes entered. I can just go to my personal "J. Crew Shop" and it's just like shopping at that store, but everything is in my size! Score :)

5. Specific Searches ~ It's too overwhelming to just search for "Casual Tops," so what I do is add all the brands I love and ONLY search on those brands and my specific size. By adding brands you know and love, there will be a much better chance it will fit you, too since you are familiar with the sizing.

I hope this helps encourage you to check out ThredUp! Use this link and enjoy your $20 shopping spree!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

20 comments:

  1. I definitely want to give Thread-Up a try. I am ready to send some stuff there. That lace skirt is beyond adorable. I love the Summer to Fall look. That fall look is adorable with that cute herringbone vest! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! They don't pay much, but I figure it's more than I'd get dropping them at Goodwill :) Def. try them out!! XOXOXO

      Delete
  2. That skirt is such a great find! Both of these looks are darling! Thanks for sharing your ThreadUp tips! I'm always overwhelmed when I go on that site and never end up buying anything.

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TOTALLY hear you! They have so much stuff! But set up a little "shop" like I suggested and just search on certain brands...you will eventually find something! XOXO

      Delete
  3. Love your adorable transition style!! Come join the GIVEAWAY I am hosting for THE KEWL SHOP until Sept. 12 where a $150 dress value is at stake!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you took an earlier, warmer season outfit and transitioned it into Indian summer or early fall. I second what my friend Jill said above ^^, thredUP hasn't been easy for me to use. Will try again with your great "cheat sheet".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree--it's just overwhelming! Try doing more specific searches...I promise you will eventually find something! Don't let that $20 credit go to waste!!! XOXO

      Delete
  5. That skirt was such a great deal! It's gorgeous! Love your herringbone vest! I got a knock off from Shopko and I kind of regret it! It's just no where near as nice quality as the J.Crew one

    Sierra
    Sierra Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute skirt and vest!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com
    Fridays Fashions link up

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vest, it is so great for fall! I need something like that in my closet. So perfect!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you restyled the skirt for fall! It looks great with the vest!

    -karen
    Lady in Violet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the 2 looks you've styled with this pretty skirt. It seems a lot of people find great things on ThreadUp and spending only a fraction of the cost a win win for everyone!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ThredUp too! Such a great site. And I love how you styled the vest with the skirt -- I have the same version of that vest from JCrew Factory, and I incorporate it into EVERYTHING in the fall....but I haven't paired it with a skirt yet. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shopping tips for Thread Up! Thanks for the tips friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous skirt, awesome deal, and great tips! I have looked at ThredUp a few times, but became a little overwhelmed. Hopefully utilizing your tips will offer more success next time. Thanks, Casey!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...