Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

21 Day Fix ~ Q & A

Last week I posted my results of the 21 Day Fix HERE. I was so amazed by this program and believe it the portion control/exercise/work hard basis of this program so much, I became a Beachbody coach!! Since then, people have been asking me tons of questions about the program...and I don't blame you! It's SO INTERESTING!!

Healthy weight loss with results you can see quickly is ALWAYS interesting. I am doing my best today to answer some of the questions I have gotten about the 21 Day Fix over the past few weeks. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email me or comment! I am happy to help!

Here we go!

1. Why did you do this? You're already skinny!

Yes, I have gotten this question in more than one form.  "Skinny" to one person is not the same as "skinny" to another. Much of it has to do with heredity. Yes, I have never been super "overweight." However, like with most moms, I gained weight with the birth of each child and slowly but surely it creeps up on you...year and after..a few pounds here, a few pounds there..over time....and all of a sudden you are screaming at the dryer for shrinking your clothes!!! Yes, my arms were jiggly, my butt was wide and my love handles were...well, HANDLES! Stuff people might not notice on me, but that I noticed on myself.

Here's the deal--everyone has their "ideal" weight. For some people, that ideal weight may entail losing 5-10 lbs. For some people, it might be 50 lbs. It doesn't matter. We all have a weight goal that is going to make us feel good about ourselves. The goal of the 21 Day Fix is to make that happen. For some of us, one round will get us there. For others, it might take 10 or 20 rounds. It doesn't matter. The basis of this program is healthy, portion controlled eating, exercise and gradual weight loss. It's not a magic pill. It's not a "quick fix." But it works, no matter what your goals are.


2. So what did a typical day's food look like?

This was a great question and what I freaked out over the most before I started because I LOVE TO EAT. I totally thought I would be eating nuts and lettuce for 21 days. Nope. Here are a few of my "typical" meals:


Breakfast

1. Two eggs with salsa, 2 slices of turkey bacon (sorry, I ate one before the pic! love me some bacon!) and a banana.



2. Greek yogurt, berries, cinnamon or a drizzle of honey



Lunch

1. Chicken or Tuna Salad (made with greek yogurt and mixed with avocado), greens on whole wheat toast. I usually had fruit or carrots and dip to go along with this.

2. My other go-to was leftovers!! A big batch of chili, taco salad or stir fry made the best leftovers for lunch!!!

Dinner

1.One of my favorite dinners was taco salad. My family loves tacos so I would make a big batch of taco meat and my kids would have hard shell tacos and I would  have a salad with the taco meat, avocado, olives, tomatoes, salsa and greek yogurt (AKA : just like sour cream).


2. I also LOVED lettuce wraps!!! Ground turkey or pork stir fried with veggies and served with lettuce cups. YUUUM!!!! That's also a side of quinoa for some carbs at dinner.


Snacks
My favorite snacks were:

1. Shakeology: A sweet treat...SO GOOD! Blend vanilla Shakeology with a little pineapple and coconut extract..hello Pina Colada!!! Chocolate and peanut butter--OMG. Heaven.

2. Apples/Celery and Peanut Butter

3. Cheese and Crackers (i do one string cheese stick with 7-8 whole wheat crackers)

4. Carrots and Hummus

5. Veggies and Greek Yogurt Ranch (greek yogurt, mixed with a tiny bit of ranch mix and a tablespoon of lemon juice)

6. Banana and Almonds

3. What else did you eat? All nuts and kale or what?

I did eat almonds but no kale :) Listen, the 21 Day Fix is all about balanced eating. It really doesn't deprive you of many foods, but it changes the amount that you eat. Yes, you can have cheese--just less. Yes, you can have bread, just not an entire loaf. Yes, you can even have chocolate! Depriving yourself of carbs or sweets or any other "yummy" food is a good way to pi** a person off! Don't deprive your body. Just have less! That being said, I was never hungry on this program!!


4. But what about wine? What about coffee? 

You can have wine (not an entire bottle/night!). You can have coffee. My new favorite way to drink coffee is with almond milk and honey or Stevia vs. cream and sugar. It's really yummy!


5. I have an old injury and can only do low impact exercises. Can I do this program?
Absolutely. There is a modifier gal on the video that does all the exercises in low impact form. Many of the videos have pretty much all low impact exercises, especially the ones that target your upper and lower body. 

6. How did you have time for all of this?
There aren't enough hours in the day for me to accomplish everything I want. There are only enough hours to accomplish everything that I make a priority. I made this a priority and I stopped making excuses. I do my workouts in the morning when the house is quiet --it's only 30 MINUTES. I take about 15-30 minutes over the weekend to plan my meals and snacks. That's IT.



7. What do I need to complete the program?
You need to purchase the program, of course. After that, all you need is a pair about 3-5lbs weights and a strong desire to lose weight and get fit.


8. Is there a monthly fee?
No. No monthly fees. Once you have the program, you have it for life. You also have my coaching and support for life! That will always be free :) The only reoccurring cost would be Shakeology, if you continue it past the first month. I was skeptical at first, but I am so addicted now!!!

9. How to I sign up?
Sign up through me! I will hook you up :) Send me an email: alittlebitofcheer01@gmail.com. I will answer any other questions you have and get you started on the path to a lifetime of being healthy and fit!



Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

11 comments:

  1. great answers!!
    so glad you had so much success with this program! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic answers! I am going to start another round on Monday, well, so I say anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kit is being delivered today! I can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey, I have been so intrigued by this program for several months. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the website and put it in a cart and never pulled the trigger. I'm taking a hiatus from the style challenges, so this may be a good time to invest in a fitness plan. I do have a question. Tell me more about the Shakeology? Is it necessary to the program? Is it included in the initial purchase of the 21 Day Fix Program or an additional cost right from the start? I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I messaged you! I can't wait for you to start!! XO

      Delete
  5. Great Q&A on 21 Day Fix! For breakfast I made 2 scrambled eggs w/spinach & feta cheese and 2 slices of turkey bacon--Yum! For snacks I love apples & almond butter--another yum! Finally, I love having a chocolate Shakeology with 1/2 banana & 1 Tbsp peanut butter--yum yum! What flavor(s) Shakeology do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! That Shakeology recipe is one of my fave! My other one is chocolate, mint extract and a splash of vanilla! Mint Chocolate ice cream!! So yummy! Choc is my fave but they are all delish! I also just like vanilla with mixed fresh berries and vanilla!!! XOXO

      Delete
    2. Mmm...mint extract & vanilla sounds great! Going to try that tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. This was great to read and I got some great ideas. Thanks for showing what you typically eat. I've mentioned before that I've been doing the workouts, but have trouble just sticking to the diet portion, so this has been helpful. Good for you! You're a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...