Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Impromtu Model vs. Me!!

You know when you wander into Target to get toothpaste and cereal and come out with $150 worth of stuff??? Well, I wandered into the mall the other day to make a return and saw SO.MUCH.CUTE.STUFF!!! I had to share it with you!!

Since I just went in to return something, I was in NO WAY prepared to do a Model vs. Me post or take pictures, so please excuse the odd shoes and the occasional pint-sized photo bomber :) I hit up Express and Old Navy and if this day is any indication of their Fall lines, my wallet is in big trouble!!

Here we go!

(Note: I am 5'4" and generally an XS/2 at Express and God-Knows-What at Old Navy--their sizing is awful!!) 

EXPRESS

Maraled Ribbed Cascading Cover Up


Review: I had been dying to try this cardi on since I saw it on Gina and it didn't disappoint! It's soooo soft, drapes well and could be worn with anything from dress pants to shorts! Comes in 4 colors.

Sizing: I'm typically an XS at Express, but here I am wearing a Small. I am thinking the model sized up even more for a longer fit. Since I have short arms, I would stick with a small.

Verdict: LOVE! Highly recommended! Find the cardi HERE.


Dark, Mid-Rise Barely Boot Jean


Review: O.M.Geee! I have never tried Express jeans and now I am kicking myself not finding them earlier and taking advantage of the recent sales! These jeans--soooo soft, comparable to my Wit and Widsom skinnies that I adore...so flattering, perfect amount of stretch..AND!! The "barely boot" makes them a very "wearable" type of flare jean. They are more updated looking than straight leg but not super flared. In this picture I have them rolled under for length so they look more straight legged but the flare is very similar to the model's pic. BTW-my legs would TOTALLY look as long as the model's if I had remembered my heels....DARN IT!

Sizing: I had to size down in these to a 0 Short. The short length was perfect and dare I say I MIGHT be able to wear these with BOTH heels AND flats??! Time will tell....

Verdict: LOVE! Highly recommended! Find the jeans HERE.

Plaid Oversized Convertible Sleeve Shirt


Review: I couldn't find this lighter blue plaid online, but it's the same style of shirt as the model's. You can see the front view of the shirt in the pic above. ANOTHER WINNER! I wanted to show the length because it's long enough to wear with leggings!!! Score! It's lightweight (but not too light), drapes well and just feels great on!


Sizing: True to size. I am wearing an XS and it's obviously oversized like the name states :)

Verdict: LOVE! Highly recommended! Find the shirt HERE.

High Waist Elastic Stripe Full Skirt 
on clearance!!!!


Review: First, I apologize for not bringing my crop top with me to try on this skirt! Ha! I have been wanting a striped little skater skirt like this forever!! This is a great one! It's pretty heavy and great quality. Also it has an elastic waist so it's very forgiving (maybe a Thanksgiving Day outfit??! LOL!). Also the "high waist" thing scared me, but I didn't think it was that high waisted at all.

Sizing: True to size. Unfortunately, they didn't have an XS in store. The Small was OK, but a little loose on the waist and I like my skirts slightly shorter :)

Verdict: LOVE! Highly recommended! Find the skirt HERE.

Pretty much everything I tried on at Express, I wanted to bring home!!! Moving on to...

OLD NAVY

Women's Classic Chambray Shirt



Review: In my last Model vs. Me post, I struck out at J.Crew Factory with the chambray shirt. If you're still looking, this is a great option! It's not quite as soft as the Loft Softened Shirts or the Target Merona Chambray, but I still really like it! Comes in a darker wash too.

Sizing: I sized up to a small for a more relaxed fit.

Verdict: If you are still looking for a chambray shirt, this one is a great option for the price! Find the shirt HERE.

Women's Classic Plaid Flannel Shirt


Review: Old Navy always seems to have great plaid shirts and this one is no exception! If you have never tried Old Navy "flannel" it's not really flannel, per se. It's light and 100% cotton. I happen to love this particular pattern and it's pretty much exactly as it's pictured on the model.

Sizing: I sized up to a small and may even go up to a medium because you know it will shrink up like all Old Navy clothes!

Verdict: Awesome shirt to update your plaid collection or try out plaid. There a tons of different colors and patterns. I'd wait for a good sale, though :) Find the shirt HERE.

Women's Quilted Vest


Review: If the J.Crew Factory quilted vest is too much of an investment for you, I HIGHLY recommended snatching this one ASAP before it sells out. The look is very similar. Obviously, the quality isn't the same (it's half the price!), but if you aren't concerned about this vest keeping you warm, it's a great layering piece!

Sizing: True to size. I'm wearing an XS.

Verdict: Definitely "the look for less." Find the vest HERE.

Women's The Pixie Chinos


Review: I was excited to try on these new Pixie Chinos! They are slightly thicker and heavier than the original Pixies and that just don't work for me. They fit me okay but in the end I was just "eh" about them. Nothing special. Plus, I liked them cropped like in the model pic and they were a little too long.

Sizing: They were true to size. I am wearing a 2. Again, they were a little long.

Verdict: I think they would definitely work for someone a little taller. They're pretty comfy and could be dressed up for the workplace (comes in several colors and patterns). Right now they are on sale for $18, so I'd say that's a steal! Find the Pixie Chinos HERE.

Whew! That was a pretty successful non-shopping trip!! I DID NOT buy everything I liked, by the way! I am a definite "wait for a great sale" type girl. But I have my eagle eye on pretty much everything!! Hope this helps you get excited for all the fall stuff popping up! I know it's still pretty hot everywhere but fall is my favorite season to dress for so I'm pumped :)

Have a great week, pretties!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

17 comments:

  1. It's really impressive when you look better than the models! Love that flannel shirt and the cascading cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you Claire!! I know, as soon as the sale happens (hopefully this weekend??), those are mine!! XOXOX

      Delete
  2. Love when you do this. I have been looking for that striped skirt and everywhere that has it has been way too short on me, this one looks a little longer, will have to go check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go now, girl! It's on SALE!! Big time :) Keep me posted-it's super comfy too and I could totally see you rocking it! XO

      Delete
  3. Yay! So glad you found some great stuff at Express...not that I'm surprised, hee hee...but everyone has different taste so you never know! Especially glad you loved my current fave sweater! :) Let's HOPE there is a Labor Day sale so we can get all our wishlist stuff. :)
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a post! I love everything you tried on. I haven't bought much for fall yet - kind of waiting for the style challenge list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when you do try on posts! All of these pieces are so cute on you! I've had my eye on that Express cardigan and that oversized plaid top!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! love those olive pants and the striped skirt!

    stop by and chat with me ♥ http://storybookapothecary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I haven't caught these when you have done them before I guess. What fun! You are so right about running into Target to grab mascara and coming out with so very much more. And I am never dressed on those days to try things on right - no makeup, sports bra, tennies - much less take pictures. Adore that you have a stroller, photobomber and assorted shoes kicked off and featured in the pictures. So real. Great, great post. Great pieces. My Express card came in the mail today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am tempted to buy that cardi from Express, I always love how Gina wears it. I really like the dark green pixie pants too but have realized they are not the best for me since I am always disappointed with the amount of stretch they have makes them too much at the end of the day.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this stripe skirt . You look cute in these outfits.

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm....I hope you bought that striped skirt because you look A-dorable! I bought the military vest from Nordstrom that you linked a few weeks ago btw and I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post! I have to say I have always wondered about Express jeans but have never tried them. I think I will give them a try after reading your post. Thanks for sharing! Have great weekend!

    Kathy
    http://www.glamsimplified.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love these Model vs. Me posts! So fun! I think it's because I love reading reviews...although then I want to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An interesting idea for a post. My pick would definitely be the cardi and striped skirt.

    Naomi Jane
    http://www.aboutrubyjewelry.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the plaid tops - I am becoming obsessed with plaid as fall approaches & will need to seek out these tops!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES YES YES to the plaid shirt! I just came from the Hello Monday link-up
    You should come link up over at my style & beauty link up! The Style Files Link-Up

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...