Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

21 Day Fix Review and BIG NEWS!

As I type this I am still blown away by the last 3 weeks .....

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago HERE that I started Beachbody's 21-Day Fix. I am assuming you have heard about it, but if you haven't, here it is in a nutshell: eat right, exercise (a lot). Got it? Pretty simple, isn't it??!

People that haven't heard about the 21 Day Fix asked me if it was some sort of "diet" I was on. The answer was yes and no. Yes, it's 21 days of eating and working out in a way most of us have never done. But at the end of the 21 days, it's not about giving up and reverting to your old ways. This is truly a program with principles you can (and should!) stick with for the rest of your life. You might not be able to maintain the discipline or intensity of the actual 21-Day Fix every single day. However, you can apply what you have learned every single day. And you will learn a lot, believe me!!

Here are the principles of the 21-Day Fix, in my own words. All of these are just so obvious!! Yet when we actually get around to trying to apply them, we often fail. This is why I loved this program because it was a fool proof, step-by-step guide on how to get fit and lose pounds and INCHES!

1. Eat right and exercise ~ Isn't this the ONE thing doctors have been telling us since...well...FOREVER??! If you want to be healthy, the very best thing we can do is make good food choices and get movin'!!! This is a principle that will NEVER CHANGE. The 21 Day Fix centers around this completely obvious concept! But frankly, this is way easier said than done, am I right? Sometimes we need a little assistance in this area and The Fix spells it out for you which is the reason why I love it so much. No guessing games. Do what they tell you. You WILL see the results...there is no way you couldn't see results if you stick with the program.

2. Hard work pays off ~ Generally, in life the harder you work, the more benefits you reap. Another "DUH!" right??!  No pain, no gain. And let me tell you, it IS painful. After the first two days of work outs, I swear every part of my body hurt. Parts hurt that I didn't even know existed. I think my HAIR hurt! But it was temporary and I'll tell you--it hurt SO GOOD!!

3. "Eat your veggies!!!" ~ If you're a mom, I'm sure you've muttered (shouted?) this line before. I am like a little kid when it comes to veggies. Before I did this program, I KNEW I wasn't eating enough veggies unless you counted In and Out fries. Actually, it's one of the reasons this program appealed to me. I knew it would force me to balance my diet and eat more of the right foods.

4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day ~ Pretty much every doctor or health/fitness/beauty person will tell you this. And as crazy as it sounds, the more water you drink, the less you retain!

Ok, so you're probably wondering what my results were. Here they are:

Lbs Lost: 5.5
Total Inches Lost:7.5 (in my waist, hips, arms and thighs)

It's been 21 Days, and these  numbers are HUGE for me! I've lost weight and inches in a steady, HEALTHY way. This wasn't crash dieting. This wasn't a magic pill. It was eating right and HARD WORK! Yes, I worked my butt off. I made it a priority. I did not miss a workout. But you know what happened? It's a habit now. I'm still doing it even though the 21 Days is "over."

 I can also say my core has not been this strong and my abs this toned in maybe 12 years! #truth #lifebeforekids. I thought I'd be SO EXHAUSTED working out every single day, but I can say I have had more energy than I've had in years! Also, in the past, I have had horrible, horrible back issues--so much so, that in the morning, I couldn't bend to put on my socks. Every day I would wake up with awful back pain. That has been virtually eliminated since I started the Fix.

And...the BIG NEWS--I believe in this program so much, I made the leap of faith and decided I wanted to help others, too! Sooo...I'm officially a Beachbody Coach! I would LOVE to help others achieve the same results as I have!  I never, ever thought I'd do anything like this until I tried this program...that says a lot!

If you have any questions about the 21-Day Fix, feel free to ask them in the comments or send me a message at: alittlebitofcheer01@gmail.com. I already have some questions from people, so I'll follow up with a Q&A post next week! Cheers to good health, lovely ladies!! XO


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png


12 comments:

  1. Great job Casey! And this is something I needed to hear. I've been struggling with the eating portion and haven't seen the same results, but you're right on so many levels on this post. I'd love to hear what you typically eat in a day. Good job and congratulations on those awesome results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and congrats on the fantastic results! I started round 3 yesterday and am still excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's AMAZING!!
    I've been only following very loosely and I've seen results. I'm not able to work out everyday because I literally can't find 30min child-free, but I managed to get 3 in last week. I also tried to strictly follow the eating plan but woke up one night sweating profusely and unable to walk (low blood sugar I think). I'm still doing it just eating more but it's helping me eat the right amount of the right things which is invaluable!
    Congrats on becoming a coach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Casey! I've heard such great things about the program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds interesting! I recently gave up all sugary and caffeinated drinks during the week days (still enjoy them on weekends) and I ONLY drink water or hot tea. It has made such a big difference. I need to record just how much water I am drinking, tho.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on sticking with it and your new venture! I really struggle with the whole veggies thing, I just don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you had such great results, and that's so cool that you're going to be a coach. I just started week three - and I've already lost three pounds. I love that the exercises only take 30 minutes each day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on all the hard work. I wish I can find time to do more exercise, but it a little challenging when you have a one year old and a three year old. I guess that itself is exercise? :)

    ~xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo that is awesome Casey. I enjoyed reading and getting to know more about this program, thanks for sharing.
    Rachel xo
    Please come on by and check out/link up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up now LIVE
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited to catch up on your blog & read your 21 Day Fix review. I started the program last week. Like you said, I'm working hard and every part of my body hurts, but it's a "good" hurt. One of the things I love about the program is I'm learning portion control, which I really needed. I can't wait to read future posts about if you're doing another round, how you're maintaining, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's all about portion control, isn't it??! I will do another post in a couple of week. Yes, I am totally maintaining it. I'm actually doing another round then probably go into Maintenance phase. We will see! Keep up the great work! It's tough at first but SO WORTH IT! XOXOXO

      Delete
    2. I'm 16 days in and think I'm doing well.

      Delete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...