Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

Crockpot Mongolian Beef


Healthy food can be fast food ! I just threw this into the crockpot - took me all of 10 minutes- in about 4-5 hours this delicious dinner will be served ! I usually cook some "steam in the bag" brown rice from Trader Joe's and some broccoli to serve with it. 

Definitely one of my fave crockpot meals! 


Adapted from The Recipe Critic

Ingredients


  • 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
  • ¼ cups cornstarch
  • 3 cloves teaspoons minced garlic
  • ¾ cups low sodium soy sauce or Tamari cups 
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (you can also use less sugar and add some honey)
  • 1-2 cup grated carrots (i buy them in the little bag and throw in the whole bag)
  • green onions, for garnish
Instructions
    1. Cut flank steak into thin strips and add to crockpot along with the carrots. 

2. Whisk together cornstarch, garlic, soy sauce, and brown sugar/honey.

3. Pour soy mixture over meat and carrots. 

4. Cook on high 3-4 hours or LOW 5-6 hours until meat is super tender and sauce thickens. 

5. Serve over brown rice and to with green onions.

**All images on this blog are Pinnable to Pinterest! Just hover over the icon in the top right corner!! :) 

**********************************************************************************

Friend me on Facebook HERE

Like my Facebook page HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 


 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...