Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Summer Little Black Dress ~ Two Ways

Happy Hump Day, pretty girls!! Hope your week is going well! Today I am excited to be co-hosting with the lovely Victoria from The Mummy Chronicles. Check out her blog if you haven't already and give her some love. Then link up with us below!

Last week, I showed this LBD that I bought because I desperately needed an updated dress. I dressed it up and bit and wore it to my 20 year high school reunion. But one of the reasons I bought this dress is because I knew how extremely versatile it would be. So today I'll show you one of my favorite ways to dress it down ~



In the dressy version I just wore heels and a fun statement necklace and called it a day! It was easy and a classic look that I feel won't ever go out of style. Of course, I had to have a pop of PINK :)


In the dressed down version, I used a WELL WORN piece in my closet--my military vest. See other ways I have worn this vest here and here. I got it last year at TJ Maxx  for $40 and the cost per wear has got to be pennies at this point!


Black Dress: Leith/Nordstrom (exact)
Military Vest: TJ Maxx (similar, this one is AWESOME!)
Ladder Necklace: (splurge, steal)
Sandals: Target (exact, similar , option)
Cognac Tote:Nordstrom (similar, similar)

 We might not always think to "dress down" our LBD, but with this dress it's entirely possible! This is the perfect "running around town," lunch with girlfriends or shopping outfit! It's completely comfortable and unfussy, which I really strive to bring to all of my outfits.

Have you ever "dressed down" your LBD? Or do you even OWN an LBD?? I owned (and WORE!) the same one for more years than I will admit!!!  It's nice to have a new one :)

I'm co-hosting this week's Whatcha Wearing Wednesday link-up with Victoria from The Mummy Chronicles . She's all about fashion, fitness and cars. Check her out!

CaseyCollage Follow her on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook too.

Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

19 comments:

  1. I always like seeing a piece styled multiple ways. The black dress looks fabulous with the olive vest and gold necklace! Love this look!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I think the best goes with everything!

      Delete
  2. That military vest is perfect with you LBD. I'm in love with your dressed down look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like such a versatile LBD. Love both ways you styled it. Cute pink clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you "dressed down" your Lbd! I need to find a great dress like this, seems so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Yes you do ! It's a closet staple for sure!! XXOO

      Delete
  5. I love how it looks with the vest, without the vest it's perfect for a GNO!
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both looks! I didn't get a military vest but I do have a jacket I can't wait to dig out (and actually/hopefully fit into)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not own a simple, LBD. I really need to look for one. I did order the vest from Nordstrom but I haven't had a chance to try it on yet. Love this dress on you, both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Casey!! We graduated high school the same year!! I knew you just "got" me. Anyway, I really love both ways you styled your LBD and I just ordered a military vest yesterday (finally!!) so I'm really excited to get it. I don't have a LBD to wear with it but I'm sure I have plenty of basic black clothes. :)
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both looks, but I'm really digging the military vest! I need to add one to my closet soon. So cute :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok..you convinced me to try the vest from Nordstrom.....we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Casey, I like how you mixed up your LBD with casual accessories. I especially like the dress paired with the brown back. I find that black and brown leather make a very nice pairing. Too often people get stuck in a rut of having to match all the time. I am stopping over from Fun Fashion Friday!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely little black dress! I like neutral dresses like this that you can dress up or down - although I think your casual outfit is my favourite! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you remix your LBD! I love that S&D necklace and wished I picked it up.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love each of these fabulous looks! I really need to find a cute military vest. Thanks for linking up with Charming Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...