Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Foodie Friday ~ Chicken & Asparagus Pasta


Alrighty girls--you all need to make this pasta dish, pronto!! Before it's too late to get good asparagus!! Asparagus has peeked but it's definitely still possible to get a few good bunches!!

I came up with this recipe with no real direction besides the fact that I know I wanted pasta, I wanted something on the light side and I had just picked up this gorgeous bunch of asparagus at a local farmstand. So I created this dish not know AT ALL how it would turn out and boy, was it a hit!!!

The sauce is light, but the Parmesan makes it creamy and delicious! The touch of lemon you add at the end is just perfect!


Chicken & Asparagus Pasta
** Serves 2-3

1 chicken breast
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup milk (i used whole milk, you can also use low fat or half and half)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Juice and zest of one lemon
About 3/4 of a box of "fun shaped pasta" (i used Campanelle)
Red pepper flakes (optional)

1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in a little olive oil about 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through. Set aside to cool, then cut into bite sized pieces.

2. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Whisk

3. In the skillet you used to cook the chicken, add a little more olive oil, then saute garlic for about a minute until fragrant. Add asparagus and cook until still crisp.

4. Whisk together chicken stock, flour and milk. Pour unto skillet, bring to a boil and allow the sauce to thicken a bit. Stir in Parmesan cheese.

5. Add pasta to the skillet, along with the cooked chicken. Stir to combine.

6. Add the lemon juice, zest and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir until everything is well combined. Serve immediately with some awesome bread to soak up the sauce..you will not want to waste a drop!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love asparagus. We grow it in our garden and the stuff is like candy.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...