Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Foodie Friday ~ Simple Summer Dinner

Happy Friday!!!! Well, school officially started yesterday, soccer season started and we practice 4 days a week, I started back to work 2 days a week and basically, I DON'T WANT TO COOK!!  :)

This meal is the PERFECT "I DON'T WANT TO COOK!" meal because it's super fast, doesn't require ANY cooking and it's light, fresh and healthy--exactly what I want right now!!

Caprece Salad with Arugula
This simple meal literally comes together in about 5-10 minutes. The *key* ingredient is balsamic glaze...have you tried this?? I use it on pizza too! Check out this yummy pizza HERE.

It's found right near the regular balsamic vinegar in pretty much any grocery store these days. It's sweet and thick and you can drizzle it on everything from salad to pizza to ice cream! Check it out!

Any brand will do--i usually buy the store brand. It looks like this ~


Caprece Salad with Arugula
Serves 2-3

Caprece Salad
1 8oz package fresh mozzarella, sliced (found in the gourmet cheese case)
2 large, ripe tomatoes, sliced
A handful of fresh basil leaves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Glaze
Salt/Pepper

1. Arrange slices of tomato and mozzarella on a plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and plenty of balsamic glaze. Sprinkle basil over the top and serve!

Arugula Salad
Several handfuls of baby arugula (get the washed, prepackaged kind)
Salt/Pepper

Dressing:

Juice of one lemon
2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (i just eyeball it)
 
1. Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Pour over arugula and season well with sea salt and lots of fresh ground pepper. Serve salad alongside Caprece Salad.

 This is one of our summertime favorites! Pair it with a crisp, chilled white wine and live it up in these last days of summer, my friends!!!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

4 comments:

  1. I am all about a great salad anytime! Thanks for this recipe!! And I have never heard of balsamic glaze!! Yum! susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE caprese salads! Perfect for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something similar to this last night for supper for the same reason: boo for cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite kinds of salad. This one looks so yummy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...