Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Classic Color Combo + ThredUp!

Hope you're all having a great week so far! I'm excited to be co-hosting a link up with Rachel from Garay Treasures. Please link up with us below!!

Recently I discovered an awesome online consignment store, ThredUp. Have you guys heard of them? Of course you have! Like I've explained in this post, I am a late adopter :)


Basically, you can buy and sell clothes--just like a regular consignment shop. They have very high standards of what they accept, so when you buy, you know you will be getting a very gently used or brand new item. I had originally heard about ThredUp through one of my Blogger buddies, Susan but until recently, I hadn't ordered anything...until now!! Susan had an offer for $10 off your first purchase so I thought WHY NOT??! I purchased this $108 J. Crew skirt...for $11 bucks!!!

 This is how it was pictured online and it looked exactly the same when it arrived!

Black Lace J Crew Skirt

Black, Cognac and Chambray Outfit
Black, Cognac and Chambray Outfit

I am trying to collect a few more skirts since this is something I don't own a whole lot of. This little lace number is SO comfortable and can really be dressed up or down in so many ways! I have big plans for this $108 skirt!!

Black, Cognac and Chambray Outfit
 
Can we just talk about chambray, black and cognac for a moment?? I am in LOVE with this color combo...for summer AND fall!! Each one of these colors is classic, so why not put them all together!? I can also picture this color combo in the form of black jeans, chambray shirt and cognac boots....like this (hurry up, fall!!)

Source: One Little Momma

I will be ordering more items from ThredUp in the future, that's for certain! I was so impressed by their prices, quality and the timeliness of their delivery. Would you like to try ThredUp? Click HERE to use my referral code and we EACH get $10 to spend!

***I JUST GOT A SPECIAL LIMITED-TIME OFFER FOR $20 OFF YOUR FIRST PURCHASE!!! CLICK HERE FOR THE CODE! IF TIME HAS EXPIRED, YOU CAN USE THE $10 OFF CODE ABOVE **

Happy Shopping!! Let's start linking up!


IMG_2430
Meet your Host: Rachel of Garay Treasures blog Rachel is a former full time preschool special education teacher turned full time stay-at- home mom of four children with a passion for substitute teaching and blogging at Garay Treasures on the side. Garay Treasures is a fashion and lifestyle blog with some added posts on faith and everyday treasures. Rachel loves drinking several cups of coffee a day (hot or iced), blogging, and reading and playing with her children. You can follow Rachel by Bloglovin, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest.

casey
 Meet your guest co-host Casey of alittlebitofcheer.com My goal at A Little Bit of Cheer is to help moms feel confident with themselves. On my blog, I showcase down to earth, approachable outfit ideas that are simple, classic and cost-effective. I share styling tips and tricks for busy women who want to look and feel confident and put-together. Since cooking is always a huge stressor, on Fridays I show easy ways to put dinner on the table. My goal is to help women feel good about themselves and bring A Little Bit of Cheer to them, each time they visit my blog. You can follow Casey at the following social media links: Bloglovin, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. Now on to the featured five from last week and link up:
277262_Turner_pins3_000
 Sarah shared a great reminder and encouraging post on the importance of having and keeping friendships and what this should look like for moms (and other women). I know I go through phases of wanting my friends near, but I know I also fall short in this area at times when I need my friends the most. You can gather encouragement from this post here. It'sAGirlPhotoshoot40WeeksPregnant
 I loved this sweet photo shoot posted from Anna who shares her 40 week bump and pregnancy update. I love her honest answers and prayers to God for patience as she awaits the arrival of her daughter. I can't wait to see her beautiful bundle. See the photos here. DIYtassellnecklace
Karen linked up her recent project where she created her own DIY tassel beaded necklaces after being inspired by the trend. You can check out what she actually created and the tutorial here. michellepineapple  

Michelle styled the exact pair of pineapple printed pom pom shorts that I almost ordered (and still might) so I loved gathering inspiration on how she styled these cuties. You can check out her look here. cynthiapatternmix

 Cynthia pulled off a lovely pattern mixing combo that I can't get enough of. I love the stripes and floral combo and am personally recreating a similar look for tomorrows post and link up (so be sure to stop on by and link up your patternmixing outfits), thank you Cynthia. You can check out her post here. I hope you enjoyed those featured, now on to the link up. Remember to follow the rules below, follow your host and co-host and enjoy being inspired.

 *Want to guest co-host some week on "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me?" Guest co-hosting is a great way to gain more exposure and meet new people, while being inspired and having fun blogging and interacting with other bloggers. If you are interested in doing this just drop an e-mail at rachel.garay@me.com and please be following Garay Treasures blog in some way to be considered for this. Thanks! Now it is your turn, just follow the link up rules below:

1). Please link up recent posts and include the link up button or post this URL link back on your blog. The posts can be about fashion, DIY projects, recipes, inspiration, tips, etc. *If you link up other link ups or giveaways please be sure you share this link up on your link up post to share the blog love and I will be sure to link up to yours. Also please follow me in the below social medias and let me know how you are following and I will follow back. Thank you!

 2). Please follow your host Rachel of Garay Treasures either by Bloglovin, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter or all. Comment below and let me know how you are following so I can follow back.

3). Stop by and check out the other bloggers who have linked up and be inspired.

4).Depending on how many link up I will feature 5 bloggers and their posts for my next "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link-up or series.

5). Have fun! Comment below if you have any questions! Thanks for linking up!


To link up it would be great if you linked my button to your post that you link up. Get button code below:
Garay Treasures
 

25 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm convinced!! I have to go check out ThredUp! Love this skirt, such a great find miss Casey!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEED to! Especially before the $20 coupon I posted above expires!! Seriously, it's free clothes with that discount! LOL! XO

      Delete
  2. 11 bucks?! that's a great find!! super cute skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I used Susan's $10 off coupon...it was such a a deal!! xo

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a great deal! I only have a couple skirts, also. That skirt is adorable! Thanks for co-hosting!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I keep hearing bout this, but you've convinced me...now need to wait till my shopping ban is over...too much #NSale...haha! But definitely will use your link when I do try it out. That skirt is adorable! Perfect for so many outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! Use the new $20 link I posted above! I don't know when it expires, but with $20 that's SOMETHING for free for sure! Something to coordinate with your #Nsale purchases!! LOL! XO

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous skirt, somehow I signed up on Thred Up through another blogger and didn't get my such a such amount off :( I would love to use them sometime though. Will check out your link. Thanks for co-hosting with me this week Casey!
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! It was fun! :) With ThredUp, I had the same issues. Here's the problem--if you previously had an account, even if you never placed an order, it won't work. You have to sign up with a brand new account/email. Luckily I had another email account, so I signed up through that one and it worked just fine. I would try to take advantage of the $20 off one I just posted! Let me know if you have any issues! XO

      Delete
  6. I love ThreadUp!! What a great score! I have never looked for skirts on their site - I typically stick to sweaters and tops! I am checking out their J Crew skirts now!! So cute! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love them! :) Thanks again for the code!! Yes, check out the skirts-there were lots of cute ones! Now I need to hunt for sweaters on there!! XOXO

      Delete
  7. I just found your linkup and I love your featured look. Chambray + black is the perfect look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Thredup too! I got a few pieces from them and very happy with all the items I got ;) Your skirt is lovely!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? I have yet to sell clothes and I am assuming I won't get much but I love buying!! XOXO

      Delete
  9. What a deal! You scored big on that one! Can't wait to see all the ways you wear it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Maybe it will make an appearance during Create28 Fall :) XO

      Delete
  10. That skirt is in perfect condition and looks perfect on YOU! What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! I know, I was really impressed with the quality!! XOXO

      Delete
  11. Those pineapple shorts look fabulous. The black lace skirt is super cute.

    Check out stunning jewelry collection- www.aboutemeraldjewelry.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to give ThredUp a try. Love the skirt you got - so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the skirt! The black lace is such a nice added deatil

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never bought anything on ThreadUp yet because it can be so overwhelming. Your skirt is adorable!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear great things about TreadUp and how easy it is to buy/sell clothes. I may give it a try one of these days.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...