Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Foodie Friday ~ Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

So a few weeks ago, I mentioned that we had given up pizza for Lent and since then, we have been getting really creative with our Friday Night Pizza Night! This "Easy Gourmet Pizza" is one of my favorites, but this Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza...I mean, what's not to love??!!!

We looked at so many different recipes for "Cheeseburger Pizza"--some were really authentic in keeping it like a real Cheeseburger (ketchup for the sauce, pickles and lettuce for the toppings) but we kinda just made ours up with what we thought would taste best....i wasn't sold on ketchup for sauce :)

This pizza is awesome! The only other thing that would make it great would be to swap out the marinara sauce for BBQ sauce! Bacon, cheese, BBQ sauce....ah......

Here's the Rooney version of Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza!

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

1 Boboli Thin Pizza Crust (my current fave)
1/2 of a 24oz jar of marinara sauce
1/2 lb lean ground beef
6-8 slices of bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 small onion, chopped
Scallions, chopped (optional)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced (optional)
Jarred pickled jalapenos (optional)
1-2 teaspoons of seasoning salt (or salt and pepper)

1. Preheat oven to 450.

2. In a skillet with a little olive oil, brown ground beef. When almost done, add onions and cook for a few more minutes. Add marinara sauce and season with seasoning salt (or salt and pepper).

3.  Spread meat mixture evenly on pizza crust. Top with cheese, cooked bacon, tomatoes (optional) and jalapenos (optional).

4. Bake at 450 for 9-11 minutes or according to package directions.

5. Top with sliced scallions and enjoy a slice with your favorite frosty beverage!

*********************************************************************************
Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 
 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

9 comments:

  1. YUM!! Also, I made the fish tacos you shared last week - delicious! That chipotle cream sauce was SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori! I could eat that Chipotle Cream sauce with a spoon! SO glad you tried it and liked it!! XO

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I just came across your blog through a link-up, and I love it. I am excited to explore it and add it to my daily reads. Your family is beautiful and I'm looking forward to learning some cooking and fashion tips from you! Hope you have a great weekend!
    "The Busy Brunette"
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this sounds delicious and decadent! And yes please to the jalapenos!! (And btw, yes, I recommend going in store on the green portofino to see if you like the color. I feel like the color display online is not always accurate!)
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, twist my arm...I'll go to the store... :) Have a great weekend! xo

      Delete
  4. OMG that made this momma-to-be drool a little lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum that looks like such a tasty pizza! :) Homemade pizza is a lot of fun as you get to chat together as you chop everything up and place it on the pizza :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...