Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

The Best Summer Burger

Ok, so grilling season is upon us and burgers just seem like our go-to whenever the weather is nice and we want something yummy on the grill. I've never had a BAD burger on the grill...it really doesn't get much better than the smell of a juicy burger being cooked outside. However, we recently tried a few different things to mix up our summer burgers and HOLY BBQ-SAUCE Batman, these burgers were Uh-MAZING!

This burger is not made with some fancy method, marinade or anything super "special"--therefore I don't have an exact "recipe" per se. However, I will share with you a few things we did that made these burgers off-the-charts delicious!!

Best Summer Burger

1. Organic 85/15 Hamburger ~ Listen, I know I'm from California, but truth be told, everything I buy is not organic!! :) It was a friend who actually went with me to Costco late one night (long story) and forced me to try organic hamburger meat. She said we'd never go back to regular. She was right. The meat had a different taste and was just so. darn. good.

2. Kings Hawaiian Burger Buns: I didn't even know they made such a thing! I grew up eating King's sweet Hawaiian bread and I love it! Their burger buns are soft and have a touch of sweetness, too. SOOOO GOOD!

3. Toppings: We mixed up the toppings a bit and strayed from the typical ketchup/mustard/lettuce/tomato and topped our burger with this:

~ BBQ Sauce: Just a little, slathered on both buns
~ Sauteed onions: I just cooked one large, thinly sliced onion in a little olive oil for 10-15 minutes.
~ Avocado: Need I say more?
~ Bacon: Yep
~ Lettuce and Tomato: Just to keep it traditional :)

It's something about the good quality meat, sweetness of the buns and BBQ sauce, creaminess of the avacado, saltiness of the bacon...all of those awesome flavors on one plate!

There you go! Best summertime burger ever!!!

I forgot to post last week's recipe, Crunchy Noodle Salad on Facebook and Instagram, so if you missed it, you can find it HERE. It's a delicious summertime salad and perfect for picnics and potlucks!



on't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! Is 9:30am too early for a burger?!?! The Kings Hawaiian bread buns sound so good. I grew up eating their Hawaiian bread too - delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would actually make a very hearty breakfast...it has bacon!! LOL! XO

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing!! I am so happy it's grilling season again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen!! ME TOO! I live for summer : XO

      Delete
  3. Yum that burger looks and sounds delicious! :) BBQ is the best in the warmer weather! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just tastes better when it's warm out, doesn't it??!! Hope you had a great weekend! XO

      Delete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...