Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Chino Love & Link Up!

Hey pretty girls! So big news--I'm in LOVE!!! I'm in love with something I kicked to the curb long, long ago ~ CHINOS!!!! I betrayed chinos years ago, but they've forgiven me and we're back together again!!! XOXOXOXO

There were just a few things about chinos that rubbed me the wrong way...first, reminders of 10th grade when I used to wear chinos, baggy sweaters and penny loafers...like, everyDAY. I was the uncool prepster for sure.

Then, in my first advertising job many moons ago, my first client was Dockers...you know, "Nice Pants?" Does anyone remember these ads besides me??? Let me refresh your memory:

Um, yeah, so let's just say after that job I was pretty over "chinos."

I don't know what possessed me to give them a try again--possibly just fate. I was walking through J. Crew Factory last week and I was looking for cargo green or coral JEANS. Well, low and behold they had a table full of cargo green and coral...CHINOS. So I gave them a try and it was love as soon as I put them on! Typically J. Crew pants don't fit me well...they're more for the less hipp-y, less booty-y-type gal. But I'm telling you, these were heaven.

I threw together some quick ways to style them, but I'm telling you, the possibilities are endless! They are the perfect, perfect alternative to jeans or shorts...lightweight, but give you a some coverage.

Here are three ways I would wear the cargo green ones ~

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory

1. Pink Lace Top & Heels ~ Most people think chinos are casual but they can be dressed up too!

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory
Olive Chinos: J. Crew Factory (exact, in Vintage Surplus)
Lace Top: Nordstrom (similar, similar)
Necklace: Charming Charlie (similar)
Nude Heels: Payless (exact)

2. White Shirt and Bright Flats ~ Love the pop of color! I kept my shirt untucked to keep it casual.

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory

Olive Chinos: J. Crew Factory (exact, in Vintage Surplus)
White Button Down: Michael Kors (similar, similar)
Coral Flats: Payless (exact)

3. Striped Tank & Sandals: This is my ultimate casual spring/summer outfit. Sooooo comfy!!!!

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory
Olive Chinos: J. Crew Factory (exact, in Vintage Surplus)
Striped Tank: Loft (similar, similar)
Sandals: Similar, Similar

The coral colored chinos are beautiful in person. A happy medium between muted and bright ~

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory

 1. Grey Tee ~ I love coral/red and gray!!! Always a classic pairing.

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory
Coral Chinos: J. Crew Factory (exact, in Burnished Coral)
Gray Tee: Express (exact)
Leopard Flats: Similar, Similar

2. Navy Top ~ If I had a printed navy top, it would be even better but I just love coral and navy!!

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory
Coral Chinos: J. Crew Factory (exact, in Burnished Coral)
Navy Blouse: Loft (similar)
Nude Flats: Payless (similar)

 3. White Tee, Denim Jacket, Aqua/Mint Necklace ~ This one would be perfect with or without the jacket! Perfect, relaxing spring/summer colors!

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory
Coral Chinos: J. Crew Factory (exact, in Burnished Coral)
White Tee: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Denim Jacket: Kut from the Kloth (similar)
Aqua/Mint Necklace: Similar, Similar

And if that's not enough, look at all the ways these gals are ROCKING OUT the chinos!! Who KNEW??!!!

Ways to Wear Chino Pants J Crew Factory

I just love the casual vibe of these pants!!! You know me, I am always striving for casual and comfortable, yet pulled together. For size reference, I found these fit true to size. I'm wearing a size 2.  I'm also 5'4" and if I unroll these (which I will probably never do), they are a little long. If you have never shopped at J. Crew Factory, their stuff goes on sale all the time. Wait until these are at least 40-50% off. I paid $31 total with my teacher discount :)

Happy Chino Hunting!!!

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

***********************************************************************************
Today I am co-hosting the Turning Heads Tuesday link up with the beautiful Jess, of Elegantly Dressed and Stylish. Not only is Jess gorgeous inside and out, her style embraces practical, comfortable, yet stylish outfits. Jess is my kinda girl,  right??

Link up is open at 1am, Eastern Time, so get linking!!! XO

Link up your fashion or beauty post below and meet some new friends! Please follow both Jess and I on Instagram and Bloglovin ~

Jess ~ Instagram
Jess ~ Bloglovin'

Casey ~ Instagram
Casey ~ Bloglovin'



14 comments:

  1. That ad is so cute! of course being here in Dubai, I've never seen it before. Chinos are cool. It has that all American vibe to it and perfect for summer! Love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such great looks. I recently purchased chinos in two similar colors and will have to try some of these looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love your backstory with Chinos!! Too funny. And the ones you picked up from Factory look great! I love the colors you chose and all the great outfits! My favorite is the striped tank with olive chinos! Perfect!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute! I've been looking for some olive jeans for awhile...maybe I should try chinos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Great outfits! Now if only I hadn't taken those pants out of my cart when we had the shopping ban. LOL. enjoy reading your posts and as always I love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ellen!! Well....the ban will over soon enough! LOL!

      Delete
  6. You convinced me. I'm gonna have to snag me a pair or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really love them Marygail! Wait for the sales, though :) xo

      Delete
  7. So many great looks with your chinos. I especially adore the outfits you created with the coral ones. Thanks for co-hosting today Casey. Welcome by.

    <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to get a pair of Chino's! I have not worn them in years but all of your outfits are super cute!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Chinos aren't really something you think of right away! I think you'll like them, Jill! xo

      Delete
  9. You look gorgeous!! Love the red chinos XO
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/05/linkupwithlisa-15-diy-skirt-hack.html?showComment=1430839447177#c1035629138197504920

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Casey!
    Great job today and I love both pants on you, I tend to go toward color, but a neautral pant is a great piece. Love the varied looks espcially the pink top and nude shoes! surprise :-))

    Thank you for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love chinos!!! and the coral/red ones really rock!!! visiting from SFH...

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...