Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Crunchy Noodle Saad

Today I've got the perfect little summer side salad for you! It's a pretty popular recipe--some people call it "Ramen Noodle Salad" and there are tons of different versions of it, but this is mine :)

This recipe is the perfect backyard BBQ dish or great for a picnic since there is no mayo--just toss the salad with the dressing up to 30 minutes before serving.

Crunchy Noodle Salad
(serves 4-6--double for a crowd)

Salad ~ 
1 packet dry Ramen noodles (discard spice packet)
1 bag (about 10 oz) bagged coleslaw mix
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3-4 scallions, diced
1 can mandarin oranges
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 to 1 cup shelled edamame (I used the frozen kind, thawed)

Dressing ~

1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup white wine or rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup olive oil (or less)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional)

1. Whisk together dressing ingredients, season to taste and set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 400. Crunch up the ramen noodles until they are in small pieces. On a cookie sheet, toss noodles together with the slivered almonds. Bake for 3-4 minutes until toasted and golden brown.
Lazy Girl Note ~ Skip this step if you are in a hurry...but I will say it adds an awesome layer of flavor!

3. In a large bowl toss together remaining salad ingredients; add toasted noodles and almonds.

4. Toss with dressing and chill for 15-30 minutes or serve immediately.

I served this salad with just a grilled chicken breast that I brushed with a little teriyaki sauce.

Crunchy Noodle Salad

Dinner is served!!!!

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved this salad at picnic's but never had the recipe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...