Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Outfit Formulas & The Spring Style Challenge ~ Week 3



The Spring Style Challenge is still in full swing, but I can't believe it ends this Saturday! Arghhh!! Stayed tuned for news about the Summer Challenge coming soon! If you missed this one (Spring), you definitely need to get in on the action for Summer!

Here's my recap of Days 9-14. If you missed Weeks 1 and 2 you can find them here: Week 1 & Week 2. Each week, I have been giving the "outfit formula" for the day, along with my interpretation of it.

ALSO! I'm co-hosting a link up today with the beautiful Liz from Shopping My Closet. See all the details below and link up your post!

Week 3--here it is....

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

Day 11: Thursday ~ Striped Dress + Bright Flats

I wore this same dress in Week 1, but it's surprising that the jean jacket and the bright flats give it a totally different look and feel than my cardigan and sandals from Week 1. That's when you know you have a versatile piece of clothing.

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

Striped Dress: Old Navy (exact)
Denim Jacket: Kut from the Kloth (exact)
Coral Flats: Payless (exact)
Red/Navy Bag: Stella & Dot (exact)
Necklace: J. Crew (similar)

Day 12: Friday ~ Camo/Patterned Pants + Bright Tee + Wedges

I confessed my love for these Express tees last week, but let me reiterate: I.LOVE.THESE.TEES!! This cobalt color is so bold and vibrant and so are all the other colors. You guys definitely need a few in your life :) For size reference I am typically between a XS and S, and I'm wearing a Small for the more "slouchy" look. They shrink the TINIEST bit, but not much at all! I loved the wedges, but changed to flats because it was a heavy errands-running day :)

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

Cobalt Tee: Express (exact)
Camo Pants: Loft (similar)
Wedge Sandals: Target (similar)
Cognac Flats: Payless (exact)
Flower Necklace: Similar

Day 13: Saturday ~ White Jeans + Neutral Tee + Cardi/Vest  + Wedges

I just LOVE this neutral color combo of black, white, cognac and military green. If you've been following this blog for any amount of time, you know I am ALWAYS reaching for this cargo vest. It's definitely a closet staple. I purchased it in the fall at TJ Maxx/Marshall's but I recently saw them there again! The brand is Max Studio. :)

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

White Jeans: Loft (exact)
Tee: Express (exact)
Cargo Vest: Similar, Similar
Necklace: Similar, Similar
Wedge Sandals: Target (similar)

Day 14: Sunday ~ Striped Dress + Floral Scarf + Sandals

It's the striped dress...again! You might be tired of it, but repeating a piece of clothing in different ways just shows how versatile the piece is! This is actually the exact outfit I wore for Easter :)

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

Striped Dress: Old Navy (exact)
Floral Scarf: Target (exact)
Sandals: Similar, Similar
Hoop Earrings: Stella and Dot (exact)

Day 15: Monday ~ Printed Top + Colored Pants + Sandals

This outfit is ME in every way, shape and form. More about these pants in another blog post, but I have fallen in love with chinos...and I've fallen HARD!

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

Olive Chinos: J. Crew Factory (exact, in Vintage Surplus)
Striped Tank: Loft (similar, similar)
Cognac Belt: Similar
Sandals: Similar, Similar
Hoop Earrings: Stella and Dot (exact)

Day 16: Tuesday ~ Printed Skirt + Black Tank + Cardigan + Wedges

I followed this one pretty much to the T except I subbed in flats instead of wedges since it was a work day. :)

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

Striped Skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Cardi: Old Navy (exact, in Mini Mint)
Black Tank: similar
Ladder Necklace: Jane.com (similar, similar)
Cognac Flats: Payless (exact)

Day 17: Wednesday ~ Striped Dress + Chambray Shirt + Bright Flats

I had my doubts about this one...I KNOW! It's the striped dress AGAIN! But now, with the chambray on top, it's more of a skirt! I'd say I got a whole lotta bang for my $15 bucks with this striped dress!!

Spring Outfit Formulas for Moms

Striped Dress: Old Navy (exact)
Chambray Shirt: Forever 21 (similar)
Necklace: J. Crew (similar)
Coral Flats: Payless (exact)

I definitely felt the most comfortable on Day 15, but Day 17 was also an unexpected favorite! Do you have a fave? Would you try any of these outfit formulas?

Next Wednesday, I'll be wrapping up the last 4 outfits from the Style Challenge. I can't believe it's nearly over! Again, if you missed any of the Style Challenge posts you can find them here: Week 1 & Week 2.

See what the other Style Me Bloggers came up with this week, too!
Shoes to Shiraz | R Squared | Two Teens and Their Mama |
Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy | A Lovely Little Wardrobe |
Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life | Puppies and Pretties | Daily Style Finds |
Making the Most of Everyday | She Thought She Could | Foxy's Domestic Side |
Quilty Joy Joy | Curls and Cardigans | Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After |
My Running Stitches | From Plaid to Pearls | Stashed Blog | X-tremely V |
 A Little Bit of Cheer | Nick and Nik


 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
**********************************************************************************
As I said above, I'm excited to be co-hosting a link up with Liz from Shopping My Closet!!! A little about Liz:

Meet Liz, the blogger behind Shopping My Closet.  Her style approach mixes high and low, dresses up closet essentials, and pairs the timeless with the current. Follow her as she illustrates how you can have an on-trend and timeless look by incorporating the items already in your closet into a stylish everyday look (Liz is my kinda gal!!)

Ways to follow Liz ~


The LINK UP ~


Shopping My Closet

Welcome to the weekly Style Me Wednesday fashion link-up! The Style Me Wednesday fashion blog link-up goes live every Wednesday and is meant to be a venue for you to showcase what you're wearing or a favorite look. It's the perfect opportunity to discover new bloggers (and friends!) and styles. Simply follow the steps below to join Style Me Wednesday fashion link up!

 STYLE ME WEDNESDAY LINK-UP GUIDELINES

1. Follow your host, Shopping My Closet, on Bloglovin', Instagram, and Facebook  & follow your co-host, A Little Bit of Cheer, on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
2. Link up using the widget below to your specific blog post (i.e today’s post), not your blog’s homepage
3. Grab a button to share on your blog post about Shopping My Closet's blog link up





19 comments:

  1. I like all of the different ways you've worn that striped dress, but I think the look with the floral scarf is my favourite! :)

    I think it's nice to see the different ways people re-wear things, don't apologies for it, we all have those must-wear pieces we keep reaching for over and over :)


    Thank you for co-hosting the link up!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear, Mica! Yeah, I'm pretty real-life on this blog because I know everyone doesn't have endless $$$ to spend on clothes like many bloggers seem to! LOL!! xo

      Delete
  2. I am loving every single outfit here!! Thank you so much for all of these tips! I have similar pieces in my closet and can recreate almost all of them!! My favorite is the dress with the chambray shirt tied at the waist!! Great style!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I know you'll come up with some great versions of your own! XO

      Delete
  3. I love all of the looks with your striped dress! My favorite is also with the floral scarf!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Casey! So glad to have found your blog :) I love the way you styled these outfits, I got so much inspiration and now REALLY want to check out those Express T's I kept passing by :) Thanks! Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could help :) Yes, run to Express and pick up a few! I think if I get more, I will go with the smaller size, now that I've been wearing them awhile. They don't shrink very much at all. You will love them! xo

      Delete
  5. Such great outfits, my favourite is the one with the Chambray shirt tied at the waist.

    Carolyn
    http://stylishmemories.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from What's Up Wednesday...I commented on your other post saying we have really similar style...well this post just reinforces it! Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always look so lovely! I ordered a few of the Express tees and can't wait for them to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't striped dresses the best?! And I really like the camo pants! I wish I had seen them when they were at Loft. I think I need to search for a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you in stripes!! The camo and cobalt blue are awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope to put together a shop my closet post tomorrow so I can join your link-up. Great outfits, every one. I like that you shared which outfit you felt most comfy in and which was a dark horse favorite. My Express tees arrived today. Will try them out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your style!! Gorgeous XO
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/04/linkupwithlisa-14-simply-salmon.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. All gorgeous outfits - every outfit is so perfect for spring!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these outfits! Did you cut the floral infinity scarf? I have the exact same scarf from Target but don't like how it looks. I've been wanting to cut it, but wasn't sure if that would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna- yes!! I totally cut it and it's so much better now! It ravels a bit but it's not that noticeable! XOXO

      Delete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...