Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Easy Bracelet Stack How-To & Link Up!

Today I'm so excited to be Co-Hosting a link up with the beautiful Laura from A Touch of Tartan. I love her down-to-earth style and she's from across the pond in Scotland--how awesome is that! Go  and check her out and then link up your fashion/beauty posts below!

How beautiful is Laura?!


Now that the weather is warmer and the short sleeves are coming out, I love to start wearing my bracelets. If you know me, you know I like things pretty simple and uncomplicated. As much as I LOVE the arm candy in this picture:

I just can't do it. No way. Not even to go out. It's just too much. So I'll just sit back and admire everyone who can actually pull this off. But I do love my bracelets and they add a nice little touch to a simple spring outfit. You know, one of those "touches" that says, "I didn't just roll out of bed, I made an effort-DARN IT!" I love those touches :)

Here's my simple, uncomplicated formula for a cute, yet pretty darn practical bracelet stack ~

How to Create a Bracelet Stack

Let's discuss ~

1 ~ A Watch: Girls, before a year or so ago, I hadn't worn a watch since 4th grade. It seems like watches went completely out of style for awhile but now they're definitely coming back around and I LOVE IT!!! I was skeptical at first (why would anyone wear a watch when you can just check the time on your phone??), but now I feel completely naked with my watch. Don't forget I AM OLD SCHOOL, people!! I just got on Instagram, remember??!

Not only are watches a GORGEOUS accessory, they apparently tell time too (that's the practical angle I'm always looking for!) I have a 38mm Fossil watch very similar to the one in the collage above that I purchased at Nordstrom Rack for $50. It's a beautiful watch and will last forever.

2 ~ A Bangle: After you have on your practical watch, it's time to add some fun stuff. Again, without being too complicated. I love a simple bangle like the "love" one in the collage above. It can be any width, it's just a little something extra to add to your "stack."

3 ~ Color or Texture: Here's where the fun comes in! For the last bracelet, add one with color or texture. I LOOOVE my knock-off Renegade bracelet from Stella and Dot (in the collage) or as my friends lovingly refer to it as, "Mr. Spikey." It might look odd by itself, but it adds so much texture to your little stack. You can also add a colored wrap bracelet, a blingy crystal bracelet...a charm bracelet...sky's the limit!

Here are some ways I wear mine ~

How to Create a Bracelet Stack
I switch between wearing Mr. Spikey, a colored wrap, a blingy crystal bracelet and an Alex and Ani charm bangle. Simple! I'll link a few options below for the pieces I featured in this post, but online stores like Jane, Edith Marie and Accessory Concierge are great places to get inexpensive jewelry. Of course, if you live near a Charming Charlie's, that place is a goldmine for bracelets, too!

Have fun with your arm candy! Don't forget to link up below!! :)

Product Links ~
1. Fossil Watch: Nordstrom (I got mine at Nordstrom Rack)
2. Love Bangle: Stella and Dot
3. Mr. Spikey Bracelet: Accessory Concierge
4. Gold Bangle: Similar 
5. Chunky Crystal Bracelet: Stella & Dot
6. Alex and Ani Bangle: Nordstrom
7. Colored Wrap: Similar (I couldn't find a inexpensive option! I got mine off Jane.com)

**********************************************************************************
Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
*********************************************************************************
Linking up with some great blogs--check them out!

Monday ~ On the Daily Express  ~  Fizz and Frosting  ~  Fashionably Employed  Rhea, etc. A Touch of Tartan

Tuesday ~ I do DeClare Style Elixir  Induffietely Me Elegantly Dressed and Sylish


15 comments:

  1. I remember when watches went out, but I still wore mine, and still do. It's just so much more convenient to flip your wrist and look at your watch, rather than dig for your phone in your purse. I never thought of wearing my watch with bracelets on the same wrist before though. I will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I cannot live without my watch now that I'm used to it! My phone is always somewhere random, too so it's never easy to dig it out :) XO

      Delete
  2. Wait. Watches went out of style?? Luckily I missed the memo on that because I am lost without mine. Even if I have a phone to tell me the time I NEED my watch. I am also a Fossil watch person, and now I want to mixed metals version like yours! I might have to scope out The Rack! Love your graphics and tips for arm stacks!!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Look at you--out of style and didn't even know it! LOL! Actually, you were probably just the trend setter and the reason people started wearing them again :) HA! Yeah, I LOVE Insta! Not sure what my deal was but now that I am on there, I wish I never would have done Facebook. Insta is sooooo much better! Less drama! Just fun! XO

      Delete
  3. P.S. Just found and followed you on Insta! Yay!! :) I was late to the party too. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your tutorial. I have always wanted to stack my bracelets, but wasn't sure what went with what. Will try this method. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help, Darlene! LOL! I hope you like it :) xo

      Delete
  5. Love this!! I have to try this. I'm old school and wear bracelets on the opposite arm of my watch...HA!! And YAY for co-hosting!! :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...let's not even talk about being old school...i'm the queen of old school! HA! xo

      Delete
  6. You convinced me! I now want that watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have to admit the two-tone is super versatile!! I don't think I'll ever need another watch..unless of course I break this one and it shatters into 1000 pieces, which is quite possible!! :) XO

      Delete
  7. I have always loved wearing a watch. There are so many great ones available now! I love the bling on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love stacking bracelets and watches, such a fun look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post, easy steps to building a cute stack!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you styled the bracelets! I've also just discovered that you have a link party so I'll be sure to visit next week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...