Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Seven on Sunday ~ Spring Break Edition! (WEEK 15)

We're back. Going through some serious vaca withdrawls but I think I've mustered up the energy to post :) I originally tried doing an original "Seven on Sunday" but then I realized I have no clue what day we did what because I was in total vacation mode! So I'm doing a "vacation highlights" post and calling it a day...with a glass of wine as I do my 47 loads of laundry.

We spent 5 nights in San Diego really just relaxing and doing a few fun tourist things. We went with my brother in law, his wife and 2 cute kiddos. I'll tell you, it was the PERFECT family vacation! None of us wanted to leave!! It did end on a sour note, but everything is fine now....here's the recap ~

Easter Mass at the University of San Diego. One of the most beautiful churches I've been to! It was packed of course, but we were able to sit and the kids were pretty good. The priest was awesome too. All around great experience! 


These 3, after Mass :)
I tried to get a pic of all the little cousins--it was a challenge. All they wanted to do was go home and play on the beach!!!! Who can blame them!

On Sunday, one of my besties from grade school came over for sun and Easter Brunch! We've been friends for more years than I care to count.

Grace and I sat on the patio and watched the boys and the kiddos play in the "backyard."
Rooney/Jessen kid picnic!
At some point in the week, I decided matching my wine to my flip flops was definitely a good idea!!
We played tourist one day and headed downtown to to a boat tour around the bay.

I love all the military history! Next time we will have to spend more time and do the USS Midway tour!
Sarah and Brookey couldn't get enough of Baby Emily!
On one of our last days, we went to Carlsbad to see the flower fields. SO GORGEOUS! I have been wanting to see this sight forever! You can see the flower and the Pacific Ocean in the background. Stunning! Unfortunately, Brookey came down with a fever the night before and wasn't feeling herself on this day, so we didn't stay long...
Selfie in the flower fields :)


On Thursday, since Brooke was sick, we canceled our plans to spend the night at my friend Grace's house....we didn't want to infect their kiddos! So we checked into a hotel in La Jolla (terrible! ha! not!) so we could let Brookey rest. She wasn't getting any better and we debated whether to take her to Urgent Care. Poor kid, she missed out on cousin fun, sunsets and S'mores at the hotel :(


The next day, we said goodbye to the cousins and my brother/sister in law and made our way back to Fresno. Brookey was still feeling terrible so we let her sit in the front seat so she could have more room to rest. Talk about a CRAZY BUS!!!


Well, the last part of the story is, we got near Fresno and Brookey was worse so we immediately took her to Urgent Care. After a chest x-ray, nose swabs and a shot in the uh..rear end...it was determined she had pneumonia in her right lung. They sent us home with an inhaler and a cocktail of antibiotics and 24 hours later I'm happy to report she's feeling MUCH, MUCH better. All's well that ends well.

But I miss the San Diego sunset.....


But at least I have this to look forward to....ugh. Good Lord, vaca is truly over. :(

If I survive the 47 loads of laundry, I'll be back tomorrow with a fun Pin-Spired post!!!


 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png
Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a restful vacation. If Brookey had to get sick, I am relieved that it was on the tail end of the trip. Happy to see she is on the mend. I still have laundry I can't seem to get finished from our Easter weekend trip so I totally feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...