Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

FOODIE FRIDAY ~ Perfectly Easy Gourmet Pizza

At our house, Friday is pizza night. It's a ritual around here! Typically, we get take out from a few favorite spots, but for Lent this year, we gave up takeout! This forced us to get really creative for pizza night! We tried all sorts of variations--different doughs, toppings, etc. Of course the kids always just wanted cheese and pepperoni!! Ha!

I needed a little more creativity though, and this little "recipe" below was by far my favorite version that we made throughout the 40 days and 40 nights of take-out pizza fasting! It's hardly a recipe--it's so darn easy!  Who knew you could buy balsamic glaze in the regular grocery store??? I found mine near the vinegar and where the regular balsamic is. You can use it for Caprese salad and a bunch of other things too! Just Google "recipes with balsamic glaze." Mine looks very similar to this one, except it's the store brand:


The combination of the sweet glaze, together with the fresh tomatoes is just heaven! Tastes gourmet, even though it uses very basic ingredients. I mean, Boboli pizza crust??! Really??! Trust me. It's awesome.

Easy Gourmet Pizzas Recipe



Perfectly Easy Gourmet Pizza

1 Boboli Thin Pizza Crust (I had my doubts, but after trying different crusts I REALLY like the Boboli Thin for this pizza!!)
1/2 to 1 cup (approx) of Marinara Sauce
2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
8 oz FRESH mozzarella, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds (you can find fresh mozzarella in the specialty cheese case in the regular grocery store)
Big drizzle of balsamic glaze
Fresh basil leaves, torn

1. Preheat oven to 450.

2. Spread pizza crust with sauce. Top with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes.

3. Bake at 450 for 9-11 minutes or according to package directions. I like my pizza crispy, so I typically leave it in a bit longer.

4. When the pizza comes out of the oven, let it cool for a few minutes. Then, drizzle with balsamic glaze and top fresh basil. Cut into wedges and voila! Gourmet pizza!!!

Today is Friday. And guess what I'm having for dinner....??

********************************************************************************
Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE making homemade pizza! My husband is a rockstar at it. We're always looking for ways to change it up, so I'll have to try this (by that I mean tell my husband about it so he can try it) :)

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...