Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Create28 ~ A Summer Trend

I'm going to admit it right now...as far as my generation goes, I'm what you could call a "late adopter." I still have an iPhone 5'ish (the old one), don't own a Blue Ray and I am quite certain I was the last of my friends to start texting. I am no different when it comes to clothing. I shy away from anything too edgy or too trendy. I tend to prefer classic pieces that I can wear over and over for years to come.

So when a kimono was on the Summer Style Challenge list last month, I really didn't have any true motivation to try it. But just like with texting....one day I tried it. And I loved it. And now I'm hooked!!! (don't ever call me, by the way, just TEXT!)


Kimono Outfit Two Ways



Yes, the kimono is a trend. It might not be "cool" in a few years, but right now, I am enjoying being right on trend! The fact that the kimono is a light layer that doesn't add bulk or HEAT, makes it the perfect summer layer!

Kimono Outfit Two Ways
Kimono: See options below
Shorts: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Tank: Loft (similar, similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott/Nordstrom (exact)
Sandals: Similar, Similar

But the best thing?? Versatility. You know that's one of my favorite words! Things in my closet have to be VERSATILE. I need to get my cost-per-wear, baby!!! Soooo....my kimono is going to be the perfect fall transition piece!

Kimono Outfit Two Ways

Kimono Outfit Two Ways

Kimono: See options below
Jeans: Old Navy (similar)
Top: Mudd Brand/Kohl's (similar)
Ankle Boots: Carlos Santana "Brookey" Similar, Similar

Here are some cute kimono options (click on any of them for more info) ~

Amazon also has some super cute ones like this one (click HERE for info)


Are you a late adopter like me or are you actually "cool" and cutting edge??! LOL! One thing I have learned about style trends is to TRY things. What's the worst that can happen??? You wear and item and decide to return it. Not life threatening here, peeps. Just TRY. You might actually be pleasantly surprised once in awhile. I'll bet you my iPhone 5 on it.

The deadline for entries for the $75 giveaway ends THIS THURSDAY. If you haven't entered, you're crazy!! Enter, girls!! :) XO


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

13 comments:

  1. The Kimono is a great Summer trend. I need to get a couple myself. Love the first outfit, so Summery and pretty. While the second outfit would be great to ease into Fall. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada, you def need to get one! It took me awhile to find mine but it was worth the wait! :) XO

      Delete
  2. I never thought about taking my kimono into fall! What a great idea!! I love you in that shade of purple(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have gorgeous kimonos so you better bust them out this fall, girl! XO

      Delete
  3. I love how light and airy the kimono is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's perfect for summer layering :) XO

      Delete
  4. Such fun kimono looks! The Fall-ish one is especially speaking to me ;)! As always, thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl!! Miss ya!! Did you notice my booties??! LOL! I hope see you in the Fall Challenge!! XOXOXO

      Delete
    2. Oh and my Mudd top! LOL! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the colors and print of your kimono! Both of these looks are fabulous!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always late on trends or updates but you are making me want to go buy a kimono with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kimonos, love yours. I am late on the trend bandwagon myself. Thanks for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up.
    Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it comes to fashion, I am like to wait on the side line and see how others wear it and see if it would in my lifestyle. I do have 2 kimonos but can't say I am in love with them yet. I hardly wear mine and probably need to wear it again. Love the colors of you kimono.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...