Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Create28 ~ 4 Easy Ways to Wear a Summer Scarf

Hello, FRIDAY!!!

Fall and scarves go hand in hand. I always look forward to breaking out my scarf, ahem.....collection come Fall. Let's just say I have a few scarves....let's just say I may have a slight scarf, problem :) Scarves are just such an EASY way to add color and life into an outfit. Not to mention, they are functional so you know I'm all over easy and functional :)

However, in the summertime, you might not always think to reach for a scarf. I get it. When it's 100+ degrees out, any type of clothing besides a swimsuit on your body is enough to make you sweat--especially anything around your NECK! But on warm days, it is possible to wear scarves without overheating. Here are a few ways to make scarves work in the summer ~

Easy Ways to Wear a Summer Scarf

1. The Jersey Scarf ~ Small and lightweight, this scarf is almost like a glorified necklace! It's just the right size to add color to an outfit, without being too close to your neck . The jersey material is cool and won't make your overheat. This scarf is a 27 inch infinity loop and measures 26 inches wide., so it's pretty small. Look for similar dimensions if you are buying a scarf online.

Easy Ways to Wear a Summer Scarf

2. The Necklace Tie ~ When you have a bigger scarf and you want to keep it away from your neck, you can "twist tie" it up using the method below. It becomes almost like an infinity scarf and a cute little "necklace." :) The "twist tying" keeps it away from your neck. This scarf measures 72 inches long and 26 inches wide.

Easy Ways to Wear a Summer Scarf

The Necklace Tie Method (Twist Tie)

~ Start with the ends of the scarf evenly down your back.

 ~ Bring the ends forward, to the front of your body


~ Starting on one side, wrap the loose end of the scarf around the loop that's formed. Keep wrapping until you get near the end of the scarf. 


~ Repeat on the other side. Adjust as necessary. You should end up with both sides twisted and away from your neck. I like to leave a little out and let it hang a bit.





3. As a Belt ~ What a fun way to add a little something different to a boring jeans/tee outfit! And nothing near your neck! Score!

Easy Ways to Wear a Summer Scarf

4. On the Bag ~ If all else fails, a pretty scarf always looks nice tied to your purse or bag!

Easy Ways to Wear a Summer Scarf

If you are really awesome, you can use scarves in your hair in the summer, too! I'm not that advanced yet, but I'm trying :) I will keep you posted, but don't hold your breath waiting for any scarf-hair-tying tutorials! HA! Stop by tomorrow when Carrie will show off her awesome summer statement necklaces!

In the meantime,  here is more summer scarf inspiration for you!

Follow A Little Bit of Cheer's board Summer Scarves on Pinterest.


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

4 comments:

  1. I love the scarf on a bag idea...especially for summer when even a lightweight scarf seems too heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just laughing about my fall and winter scarf collection yesterday! But I don't tend to wear many scarves in the summer. I love the pop of color they add and I love how you used one as a belt! Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a believer in summer scarves! The twist tie look is cute -- pinning that for inspiration! :)

    Jen @ Librarian for Life + Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many long scarves from white+warren that are made from cashmere. Colorful or floral scarves like this are awesome for summer season.
    Thanks for the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...