Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Create28 ~Going Nautical + Link Up!!!

It's time for our second Create28~ Lovely Summer Looks link-up! We have been enjoying all of your looks!! Remember, you can link up here every Monday or show us your looks on Instagram using #Create28SummerLooks. If you need the list of prompts, you can find it HERE.

Today's theme is all about the "nautical" look that's been so popular in recent years. Actually, I really can't think of when this look every went out of style..it's very classic.

Nautical Look Outfit
Striped Shorts: TJ Maxx (similar, similar, similar)
Red Tank: J. Crew Factory (exact)
White Button Down: similar, similar, similar
Converse: Nordstrom (exact)
Necklace: option, option

What comes to mind when you think about the "nautical" look? Stripes? Anchors? Navy Blue? Casual? Boat shoes? Handsome sailors coming ashore on leave? :) My look is super simple and (of course) includes stripes. I also included pearls because that somehow reminds me of a nautical look, yet I have no idea why. Who wears pearls on a boat?!

Do you notice the bubbles in the picture above??  My 3 year old was blowing bubbles while I was taking pics. Doesn't that just add to the nautical theme??! Ha! I didn't even notice them in the picture until I started writing this post!

Nautical Look Outfit

More nautical inspiration...

Follow A Little Bit of Cheer's board Nautical Looks on Pinterest.

Time for the link-up!!!!
 
Each Monday, we will choose a favorite look from the link ups or #Create28SummerLooks.  Our Favorite from last week was Lauren at Lauren McBride's Blog. She posted about her Bohemian Maternity Style. She's absolutely radiant, don't you agree? You can read the entire post here.  
 
The Most Clicked link was Karen at She Though She Could. She posted her Summer Colors look with vibrant greens. You can read her post here. 


Don't forget to link up, girls!!! And join me back here tomorrow when Carrie goes all crazy and mixes patterns!! :)


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

25 comments:

  1. Loving this! Those shorts are too cute!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy!! I'm a sucker for anything striped :) XO

      Delete
  2. I love a nautical look for summer! And I never thought to pair it with yellow accessories! I love those photos! Thanks for the great style tips and for the link up today! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan!! I'm still jealous of your New York trip!!! What a blast! XO

      Delete
  3. This nautical look is so much fun--I LOVE those striped shorts. And the bubbles...what a fun little addition to your photos. Nice job toddler :)
    I've been following along with this challenge on IG and it's been so much fun. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes having a toddler is a fun benefit! LOL! j/k! So glad you are following along! I feel like it gives us all a little direction on what to wear and inspires us to try new things. We hope to do it again in the fall! XO

      Delete
  4. Great look! I love your shorts - they are perfect for summer and look so versatile!

    Beauty by Miss L Weekly Fashion Link Up! 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!. Yes, the striped shorts are def. a closet staple! XO

      Delete
  5. Great look on you Casey!! I think I need those shorts. Having so much fun with this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You SO need striped shorts :) Glad you're having fun! Love seeing all of your looks. I think we'll be back at it for Fall! :) XO

      Delete
  6. Nautical is always good choice - for summer getaways or for city too. I love it! Very nice pictures - specially this one with bubbles.o)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, bubbles always help! Thanks for stopping by! XO

      Delete
  7. Those striped shorts are adorable! This classic look is so fun for summer!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! So classic!

    Becky
    @bybmg
    bybmg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally think pearls work for nautical...which might just make both of us weirdos. Haha. But I think it's because pearls are kind of preppy and so is nautical. Maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Casey!
    I love this look, and the striped shorts on you! Lovely! I am looking for a striped dress or skirt and am so picky!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! I hear you--i looked FOREVER for these striped shorts. Only buy what you love ;) XO

      Delete
  11. Love this on you - you look gorgeous in red!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a great nautical look! This one is perfect, too. So happy to have found your blog!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I may have commented on IG that I have a similar pair of shorts that I've had for a couple of years. I always love then nautical vibe of them. Great look!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this nautical look, those shorts are too cute. Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me."
    Rachel xo
    Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me link up is now LIVE, link up here

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nautical look is perfect for the summer and I really like yours, those striped shorts are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...