Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Create28 ~ My Pin It & Did It Look! + LINK UP

Happy Monday, girls!! I cannot believe this is the final week of Create28 ~ Lovely Summer Looks!!! I have had a BLAST and even more, I have absolutely LOVED seeing all of your outfits through the link ups and #Create28SummerLooks. You all inspire me so much!

Speaking of inspiration, today it's all about Pinterest! If you are like me, you have a zillion outfit Pins, but have recreated maybe a handful of them. Every once in awhile I love going through all of my Pins and finding "new" outfits I can recreate.

This outfit I Pinned when I "made" my denim vest...read all about that HERE. I wasn't sure about the denim vest until I hopped onto Pinterest! This is one of the first Pins that caught my eye where I thought, "Hey, I can do that one!"

Here's the lovely Julianne and my recreation ~



I love that she added the little pop of color with her handbag and I just happened to have a coral-colored purse as well. I think it's a great little detail. I bet she didn't MAKE her denim vest though! HA! :)


In the spring I did a Building A Wardrobe You Love series and in Part 2, I specifically shared how I used Pinterest to help me create outfits. Read the Pinterest post HERE. Or you can read the entire Building a Wardrobe You Love series HERE.

In addition to the tips I shared in the Pinterest post, here is an additional tip (especially if you are first getting started with using Pinterest for outfits) ~

~ Create separate seasonal "Inspiration" and "In My Closet" boards. Your inspiration boards will just be any looks that you love. This is where the majority of your outfit Pins will be. You can Pin lots of things here to get a sense of your style and to remember items you might like to purchase in the future. The "In My Closet" board is a board with Pins that you can recreate from items that you already have in your closet. 

This way, you don't get so caught up in trying to recreate all of your Pins exactly as you see them..which often means purchasing specific items--which can get a little pricey, especially if you buy items specifically to recreate ONE outfit and that aren't versatile pieces. Instead, you'll have an entire board you can recreate right from your closet and that you can reference whenever "you have nothing to wear." I may or may not take my iPad into my closet several times a week to help me get dressed. Just sayin'.

Here is an example of my Spring/Summer "Inspiration" board (roughly 500 Pins) ~

Follow A Little Bit of Cheer's board Summer & Spring Outfits on Pinterest.

Here is my Spring/Summer "In My Closet" Board (A LOT less Pins!!) ~

Follow A Little Bit of Cheer's board IN MY CLOSET - SPRING/SUMMER on Pinterest.

Are you a Pinterest addict like me? I'd love to hear how you use it! This is our last link-up for Create28~ Lovely Summer Looks but don't worry! Carrie, Whitney and I have some exciting things planned, so stay tuned and be prepared to get those links ready!

The raffle for the $75 gift card ends THIS THURSDAY!!! Enter now, girls!! I know you can spend $75 in a hot second!

Thanks to all who linked up last week!! There were some awesome looks!! Here are the faves and most clicked!



Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

20 comments:

  1. I love Julianne's style. Your take on her outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, everything she wears is fab! THanks, Ada! XO

      Delete
  2. Love your interpretation! You look great!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darcy!! Julianne has awesome style! XO

      Delete
  3. I love your recreation! The denim vest is adorable with the white shorts!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill!! I'm glad to find new ways to wear this vest! XO

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness I love this!! I just added this vest to my wish list!! Thanks for featuring my photo too - a real honor for me(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! omg, you could rock the vest. my friend!!! congrats! lol! XO

      Delete
  5. Nailed it! That is so cute....I'm totally pinning because I have not thought about this one. I never got my crap together enough to participate in your challenge but I have loved following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Don't worry--we are doing it again in October so follow along then!! The great thing is, you can play along whenever you want! It's not like you have to do something everyday :) Hope you join us in October :) XO

      Delete
  6. Yes you do! So glad I found your blog through these link ups! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! Another great way to wear the denim vest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We apparently use Pinterest the exact same way! Haha. Obviously great minds think alike...and love denim vests :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did a great job recreating the look! Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your recreation of the Pinterest outfit. The pop of peach or coral is perfect in that cute little bag. Like your outfit better!! Not crazy about the pockets hanging below the length of the shorts. Seems wrong somehow. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie!! I know, the pockets hanging below means your shorts are too short! LOL! XOXO

      Delete
  11. I love your outfit - I always struggle with wearing my denim vest and will need to recreate this look!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see more denim vest looks from you, Alice! XO

      Delete
  12. So pretty!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    http://www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...