Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Ways to Wear ~ Mint & Navy

I love doing Ways to Wear posts when I show how to wear different colors or pieces in your wardrobe multiple ways. This Wednesday, in Part 3 of Building a Wardrobe You Love, I'll be talking about buying pieces that are versatile and can be worn multiple ways. Having versatile pieces is so important when building your wardrobe! Just a few simple changes to the same piece of clothing can completely change the outfit! Here are some past posts where I showed multiple ways to wear one item:

Camo Pants
The Green Shirt
The Striped Dress

Today we'll talk about multiple ways to wear the Mint & Navy color combo. Remember in last week's Getting Pin-spired post, I talked about looking at Pinterest for color combos you like? Yeah, you probably don't remember, so the post is HERE :) LOL! Anyhoo--I have found some color combos on Pinterest that I never would have thought of on my own. One of my faves for Spring is mint and navy. I bought a pair of mint jeans a few years back when mint was really having it's hey day, but I still love them! When I first got them, I pretty much only wore them with white or grey, but over the last few years, I've found so many other colors that look great with "mint!"

If colored jeans (mint colored, in particular) still scare the bejesus out of you, no worries. You can work mint into your wardrobe with a t-shirt, cardigan or scarf, too.

A very impotant note....all of my outfits on this blog are outfits that I would wear (or HAVE WORN) in "real life." They aren't just for the blog. I think it's important to point that out because I want you to know that I have "tested" every outfit for it's practicality! I have seen so many pics on Pinterest that are gorgeous, but that would never translate to my "real life" as a busy mom. Beautiful pictures...mine are not! But my goal is to give the everyday gal real-life, practical outfit ideas.

So with that being said....
Mint and Navy Outfits

1. Way #1 ~ With leopard! Because....why not??!! I've said camo is a neutral, but leopard is also a neutral! It goes with everything! Including mint & navy :) I kept the accessories simple and just let the subtle leopard speak for itself :)
Mint and Navy Outfits

Way #2: With navy stripes ~ Very simple, everyday outfit. The nude flats keep it casual, yet pulled together. Next time I wear this, I will definitely half-tuck my shirt. It's a little on the long side. Just sayin. #nobodysperfect
Mint and Navy Outfits
Way #3: With a scarf. ~ The navy scarf kinda tones down the bold mint jeans. I love this look--so simple. Definitely one of my go-to's I mentioned in "easy outfit formulas" --jeans, tee, scarf. Done & done!

Mint and Navy OUtfits

Way #4: Mint Cardi & Gingham ~ Have I confessed my love for gingham yet?? Loooove me a little gingham! Here I just did a little bit of mint in the cardi and a pop of red in the necklace.

Mint and Navy OUtfits

Links to items

Mint Jeans (similar)
Navy Polka Dot Scarf (Target)
Mint Cardi (Old Navy)
Distressed Jeans (Old Navy)
Nude Flats (similar)
Gingham Shirt (similar)
Navy Striped Tee (similar)
Leopard Heels (similar)

See you back here on Wednesday for the 3rd part of the Building a Wardrobe You Love series!! I'll share with you my list of closet basics to start your wardrobe. Read Parts 1 & 2 of the series here:

Part 1: The Two-Step Closet Purge
Part 2: Get Pin-Spired!



********************************************************************************

Linking up with a few of my favorite blogs: Get Your Pretty OnThe Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Jo-Lynn Shane, A Little Bit of Everything, Grace and Love, Momfessionals, Tucker Up, Happiness at Midlife, More Pieces of Me , On The Daily Express, Fizz &Frosting,
Rhea Et Cetera & I Do deClaire, Style Elixir
 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

41 comments:

  1. I don't think I would have thought about pairing mint and navy but I love how it looks together! The first two looks are my favorites! I will definitely have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with it, Julie! It's a great spring/summer combo! ~ XO

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to pull out my mint skinnies!! I love navy and mint together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pull them out!! It's time (no mater what the weather forecast says!!) LOL! ~ XO

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these style ideas! I think the mint and navy stripe is my favorite! :)

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pants are just amazing and you wear them so well!

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, Alena! ~XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this combination of colors and all of your outfits look really good. I'm especially liking the mint cardigan/gingham shirt/coral necklace combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mint and navy together and you look great in every outfit! My favorite is the striped tee with mint jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Karen!!! Can't go wrong with the striped tee, right?? :) XO

      Delete
  9. Mint and navy is such a wonderful combination! All these outfits are so cute! I think I see a pair of mint jeans in my future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I am seeing mint jeans everywhere right now! Old Navy has them :) Xo

      Delete
  10. GREAT posts and outfits, Casey! Navy and mint is one of my favorite combos and I appreciate seeing new ways to style what's already in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise!! My fellow Nor Cal gal :) I could see you rocking the mint jeans!! XO

      Delete
  11. Alive all your mint and navy combos...now to find some mint jeans....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary!! I saw them at Old Navy today...if the rockstars work for you, maybe try those! XO

      Delete
  12. Love all the outfits! I don't have mint jeans but after seeing your post I may need to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ellen! They are a lot more versatile than I would have thought! Nice to have for spring and summer :) XO

      Delete
  13. Great outfits! Great post! I may need to think about getting mint jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these two colors together and the ways yourshowed to wear them together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these together- I have done the navy and white striped jersey with my mint jeans but I really like the jeans with a white top and navy scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that navy Target scarf, too! Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! xo

      Delete
  16. Hi, I am Ada. I am so glad I found your blog. Your style is easy, approachable, chic and mom-ready. You look great in all of these outfits. I love Mint and I love Navy and they are perfect together.

    You got a new fan and follower.

    Welcome by my blog as well. Thanks, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ada, thanks so much! I feel the same about your blog : xo

      Delete
  17. I love pieces that you can wear multiple ways and your outfits are adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!

    char|treuth 

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these colors together! They are actually my wedding colors : )
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darcy, I bet your wedding was gorgeous! Such a great idea for wedding colors :) xo

      Delete
  19. You're looking very polished and pretty and fresh in your color combination! Thanks for this post ... I've been pondering ways to show off a mint trench I found in my closet depths, and hadn't thought of navy! I've got a similar navy and white stripe, too, and a mint and white stripe version that I'll look forward to trying with navy bottoms. I just love a great idea, so thanks for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh..a mint trench!! I bet that's beautiful and perfect for spring! xo

      Delete
  20. I love the navy and mint combos! Now I need to find a pair of mint skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me while to find mine, but it was worth the wait :) xo

      Delete
  21. These are some really great ideas! I really want some mint jeans now!

    -Karen
    www.ladyinviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these colors together and will need to give it a try.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...