Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ways to Wear ~ Camo (Camo is a neutral!!!)

I posted Part 2 of the Building a Wardrobe You Love series EARLY....so if you missed it, you can read it HERE. You can also read Part 1 HERE. Today's a little "bonus" Wardrobe Wednesday! :)
 ******************************************************************************
Listen up, girls. I know this might blow your mind, but did you know CAMO IS A NEUTRAL??! Yep, you heard me! Camo goes with everything and you pretty much need to get **something** camo in your wardrobe this spring!!

I'll share a little secret--a loooong time ago, I wanted to be in the military. Yep, full on. I was ready to sign up and be shipped off to wherever they took me. CLEARLY, that didn't happen and although I won't go into the nitty gritty about what made me change my mind, I will tell you that I have a very warm and fuzzy place in my heart for camo. I mean, I liked camo before it was COOL! (because I'm super un-cool like that). But camo is cool now, so I can finally come out of my camo closet!! Yipppeee!! #soliberating

Camo may scare you (totally normal), but I think clothing retailers are starting to tone it down a bit to make it more mainstream. My absolute favorite pair of pants right now are these "soft green" camo ones from Loft:
Heaven. Not only are they super soft and amazingly comfy...they go. with. EVERYTHING. I'm telling you, camo is a neutral!! Check out all ways you can wear these pants!!! And just a note, I created about 10 more outfits other than these when I was playing around, but the collage looked "cooler" with just 6 (b/c you know I'm cool like that!!) :)

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans
Way to Wear Camo #1 ~ With bright colors! Camo and bright colors go hand in hand! Think coral, hot pink and cobalt blue.

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans
Way to Wear Camo #2 ~ With black. This one is obvious, and I love it! A nice black blouse and heels would dress the pants up and make a perfect going-out outfit!! My outfit is just a black tee and flats and it made a great everyday, errands type outfit. Super comfy!! You know "comfy" is my middle name :)

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans

Way to Wear Camo #3 ~ With a grey or white tee. Again, this is an obvious one but another of my faves. This look is perfect with a jean jacket and my beloved Converse. It would also look awesome paired with a cute, white graphic tee.

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans
Ways to Wear Camo Jeans

Way to Wear Camo #4 ~ With mustard or yellow. I'm telling you, almost every color paired with camo looks great! Mustard/yellow is no exception!

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans
Way to Wear Camo #5 ~ With stripes! Don't be scared of pattern-mixing! Stripes may not be obvious to pair with camo but it totally works!! I think are stripes a neutral, too but that's another post :)

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans

Way to Wear Camo #6 ~ With blush, pink or pastels. Again, not so obvious but I really love pairing the slightly "edgy" camo with a soft color.

Ways to Wear Camo Jeans
Ways to Wear Camo Jeans
Are you brave enough to try camo pants??? My Curvy Skinny Loft pants are nearly sold out, but there are some in petite sizes. They run on the big side so I would size down. They are also supposed to be "cropped" ankle pants--I am 5'4" and got the regular (non petite) size and you can tell the are a great length, just not "cropped." Below are a few more options. If camo totally scares you, you can also wear any of the above looks with just plain cargo-green jeans or pants!

Land's End Slim Leg Muted Camo Pants



Sanctuary Relaxed Stretch Twill Pants (limited sizes)


Union Bay Camo Cropped Pants

Loft Skinny Cargo Pants


Don't forget, you can "like" A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook, HERE

Follow me on Pinterest, HERE

If you missed the first two posts in the Building a Wardrobe You Love Series, you can read them here:

Part 1: The Two-Step Closet Purge

Part 2: Get Pin-Spired!

 *******************************************************************************
Linking up with a few of my favorite blogs: Get Your Pretty OnThe Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Jo-Lynn Shane, A Little Bit of Everything, Grace and Love Momfessionals, Tucker Up & Happiness at Midlife

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

22 comments:

  1. I love this post. I have that same pair of camo pants and am always looking for ways to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! They are def. my fave pair of pants at the moment!! Xo

      Delete
  2. I agree, camo is a neutral and is so versatile! I recently did a post on styling camo pants too. I'm loving all of the cute looks you created!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill- I love your looks, too! I'm going to have to try the polka dots!! Great idea! ~XO

      Delete
  3. I recently purchased some camo pants and I am in love, I tell you! you are perfectly correct - they go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beatrice...your "sister" from BerkeleyMarch 4, 2015 at 9:08 AM

    Never thought of camo as a neutral but you are right! Thanks for the great idea. Now i need to go out and get myself a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey "sister"~ you would most definitely rock the camo pants for sure! I can totally see it :) ~ XO

      Delete
  5. My Loft camo pants arrived yesterday so I'm excited about trying some of these looks! Curious....did they stretch out after wearing? As always I am totally in between sizes and they are a tiny bit looser than I would like but wondering if they will stay put or get even bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they definitely "relax" during the day. I actually took mine to the dry cleaner and got them taken in at the waist for about $12. I don't mind the relaxed look on the legs, but I couldn't deal with the waist. It was an easy fix and totally worth it because I bought these pants on major sale! :) They are SOOOOO comfy! You'll love them once you get the fit right!! Hope that helps! ~XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your looks are awesome Casey! I have my stripes/camo look all picked out to try! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary!! Cannot wait to see your outfit!

      Delete
  8. Casey I really love the way you styled your camo pants but do you think a 45 year old can pull it off? I'm a bit reluctant to try. I'm 5'3" and a petite size 2 at Loft and I'm leaning towards their lighter version. Which top would you recommend so I'm not coming off as trying to dress too young? Thank you so much!! Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gabriella,
    Absolutely! Or I should say- you wont know until you try :) The Loft pants are a pretty muted green so they don't SCREAM camo. If you're worried about dressing "too young" (which you ARE btw, 45 is not old!!), I would first try the more conservative route-- paired with a bright cardigan or even a chambray shirt, if you have one. Honestly I think you could pull off any of the looks above, as they are all pretty toned down. They will be the most comfy pants you own, so I doubt you'll even care bc you'll never want to take them off!! LOL! Hope that helps! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sold! I now NEED a pair of camp pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a good round up of camo pants. I definitely need a pair! We have Loft now in Canada, so I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought a pair of camo pants and this is so helpful! Thanks! I love them with the bright colors for spring - and the stripes! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun ways to dress up a pair of camo pants! Visiting from Thursday Fashion Files.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been trying to find the perfect pair of camo pants for awhile now! I found a pair I loved at Gap Outlet, but they were one size too big... grr. I LOVE this post, I am pinning it for later when I finally own a pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! Just a thought-- the tailor can be your best friend! These Loft ones were a little loose on me and I took them to the drycleaner lady and she did a little nip-tuck for $12. It was worth it! Now I have a custom-fit pair of pants! So if you love them, even if they're bigger I would see what the tailor could do! Just a thought because cute camos are hard to find!! ~ XO

      Delete
  15. I recently gave in to buying the Loft modern skinny version of the camo pants because of PTMT. I'm so glad I did because they are ridiculously soft and comfy. This was such a great post since I needed some guidance on how to style them beyond the basic neutral tops. You're totally rocking all the looks! The one with the gray tee makes you look especially military ready if you ever change your mind! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I almost joined the military too but my dad changed my mind (he was active duty at that time)! I love camo too and your outfit pics look great. Jay A

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...