Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Create28 Fall ~ Tunics & Leggings

Happy Saturday, pretty girls! I'm excited today because I am co-hosting with the gorgeous Megan from The Fashionista Mama. I love Megan's style and her family is just adorable! Go check her out and link up with us below!

Today it's all about Fall Tunics. I came to know, love and APPRECIATE the tunics and leggings look last fall. I had been skeptical of leggings because they reminded me too much of yoga pants! But once I found the right pair(s) of leggings, there was no going back! From then on, it was all about my quest to find the perfect tunics..you know..ones that cover all of your lady parts...FRONT AND BACK!!!

Here are my 3 favorite ways to wear tunics in the fall ~


Look #1 ~ Casual
Pretty much as comfy and casual as it gets for fall short of sweats and a big sweater! A chambray tunic and fringe scarf are great casual pieces, but still look polished.


Leggings: Hue/Nordstrom (exact, great option)
Chambray: Target (exact, option)
Scarf: via Jane.com (almost identical)
Boots: Frye (exact, similar)

Look #2: Classic
I got this Lush tunic at the Nordstrom anniversary sale and have already worn it a handful of times. It's a great transition piece and can be worn with shorts, jeans, pants....or leggings! It's super long (especially on my 5'4" frame), so it more than covers the LPs (Lady Parts). I love cropped leggings with flats while I am waiting for the weather to cool down!


Leggings: Nordstrom Brand  (exact, similar)
Tunic: Nordstrom (exact)
Necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)
Leopard Flats (similar, similar)

Look #3: Cozy
This outfit is perfect when the temps start to drop (for good!) and you start to crave coziness and layers! I picked up this sweater tunic from Nordie's last year and wore it so much last fall and winter. I found this "blanket scarf" at Sears (of ALL places! i think i went in to get a water filter for my 'fridge and came out with a scarf!) and i like it because it's a lot less bulky than the traditional giant blanket scarves. It's still big and gives the same look, but without all the fuss.

I call my boot cuffs "California Boot Cuffs" because I don't care for super thick socks or cuffs. So I just took and thin pair of socks and cut off the toe...voila! Boot cuffs!

Leggings: Hue/Nordstrom (exact, great option)
Tunic: Nordstrom/Caslon (similar, cute option, cute option)
Scarf: Sears (similar, similar)
Boots: Frye (exact, similar)
Boot Cuffs: DIY'ed :)

I will leave you with more super cute tunics that should pass the "Covering Your Lady Parts" test :)

Click on any image for more info ~
Come back tomorrow when Carrie mixes up all sorts of fun fall colors! Then link up with us on Monday and join the Create28 fun!




Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png <!-- end InLinkz script —>

11 comments:

  1. Love these looks!!! I love wearing tunics with leggings or skinny jeans. :)
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com
    Fridays Fashions link up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Cali boot cuffs would be a big hit in El Paso. Very clever. I love the look but hardly ever see temps so low that I can wear cuffs comfortably. Cute tunics! I have a Caslon tunic that I am anxious to wear again. Thanks for reminding me. Now if the temps would just cooperate around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with all three of these looks! I honestly can't even pick a favorite. I actually don't think I own anything that can technically be considered a tunic. But now I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED some more tunics in my wardrobe... seriously.
    That cozy look is my fav, I think because it's already chilly here and I know it would be so so comfortable and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on leggings with tunics. All you looks are super wearable and oh so cute! I have a hard time finding tunics that are long enough though. I'm 5'6" and those couple of inches are my downfall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate your tunic ideas. I basically wore them the same way every time last winter. Now I have more options, thanks, Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looks! I love the first one!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looks! I love the first one!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute fall looks! And I love that your wearing long tunics with leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love leggings?! I don't wear them too often because I'm always worried about my shirts being too short, but when I do it's heavenly. Love all 3 of your looks.
    Thanks for hosting the link up. Stop by and join our Tuesday Fashion Party Link Up.
    Betsy
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wearing leggings with tunic since it covers your back side so well and they are so perfect for fall layering. Great looks!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...