Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Create28 Fall ~ The California Blanket Scarf

Ok, I have a little confession--i am doing a post on blanket scarves...yet I don't actually OWN a blanket scarf...like a "for reals, giant, scarf that can keep a family of five warm"-type blanket scarf.

Living in California, 99% of the time, I would overheat and DIE in a true blanket scarf (although it would come in handy when camping!), so I purchased what I call the "California Blanket Scarf." My version has a lot more scarf and a lot less "blanket!" Yet I feel I can get roughly the same look with overheating.


I picked mine up at Sears (Yeah, my boots on Wednesday from Sears, now this!??! So odd..I can't figure out why I keep finding stuff at Sears!!) but nearly the same version can be found at Target HERE--i have seen the pattern closer to mine in stores but not online.

There are two ways I like to wear this scarf ~

1) Tied with Stripes ~ Even though plaid technically has stripes, for some reason I love adding even MORE stripes with my plaid! This "tie" is super easy and I feel gives the right amount of "bulk" to get the cozy blanket scarf look without drowning my 5'4" frame.


Jeans (my FAVE to wear with boots!): exact
Striped Tee: Target (similar)
Vest: via Jane (similar, similar)
Boots: Frye (similar)
Scarf: Sears (see similar options below!)

My scarf is roughly the same size as the Target one. All I did was hold it out lengthwise, then bring together two of the corners and TIE! I leave the other ends loose to some added volume :) Then I just wrapped it twice around my neck. Easy!


2) Just Hanging ~ Sometimes I just like the look of the plaid, but I don't need the extra bulk/heat around my neck, so I will just drape it over my shoulders.

Jeans: Old Navy (similar)
Booties: similar, cute option


So the "California Scarf" is basically the look of the blanket scarf with less bulk. :) Oh, and here's how I make it even more "California"--ADD SHADES!!!!HA!



Have you all made the trendy plunge and purchased a blanket scarf (REAL or California Style)?!!!? I'd love to see the ways you style them! Link up with us on Mondays or use the hashtag #Create28FallLooks on Instagram! And don't forget to stop by tomorrow when Carrie shows us some pretty Fall blouses!

I will leave you with some great blanket scarves and "California Blanker Scarf" options! (click on any pic for more info!)


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

13 comments:

  1. I have tried the blanked scarf, but it's just so big it gets in my way all day. Love how you styled this version. The second one almost looks like a vest - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had searched my world over for a pretty plaid scarf and our bloggin' buddy Katie sent me one!!! I am anxious to try it with stripes and a vest. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love pairing my blanket scarf with stripes!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such cute looks, and I want to recreate both of them asap! I found a very blanket-y blanket scarf at Target last year but found that most days, even when it's cold, it's still TOO much. So on my wishlist is a more California version :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a blanket scarf but almost like this less bulky version better! Both of these looks are darling! My favorite is it styled with the stripes and vest!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I am obsessed with blantketscarfs as well, love them for fall and winter.
    Monika
    Styleworld40plus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute scarf, you and I have the same one as mine is a knock off Zara but not as huge as my other blanket scarf that is a Zara. Cute style that I need to try.
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look. I wore a blanket scarf yesterday as well. I love yours and the color is so cool.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to duplicate this outfit pronto! I LOVE it. Pinning now. I only have a white/navy striped shirt and I am wondering if it'll work, but we'll see!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! Love your CA blanket scarf - I have the Target one because I was thinking the same thing! Love how you've worn your scarf.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make my scarves into infinity loops too. Great combo and I love your vest!

    Anna
    Happy Medley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a scarf very similar to yours and am always looking for ways to tie it, so this was a great read! I really need to do the just let it hang thing - I never think about it and it looks so good. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...