Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Semi-Homemade

One of my favorite ways to save time in the kitchen is taking store-bought ingredients and doctoring them up a bit to create a delicious semi-homemade dish. My Perfectly Easy Gourmet Pizza and Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake  are two examples of how I like to kick store-bought ingredients up a notch.

Today we're taking a store-bought "burger" and combining it with my homemade Corn & Avocado Salsa to make an awesome summertime meal!

Black Bean Burgers with Corn and Avocado Salsa
Now, unless you are a vegetarian (or cook for one), you've probably never ventured to the "Morning Star" part of the freezer section. The only reason I know about these is because I bought them for my sister-in-law, who is a vegetarian. She left a few at my house and one day I decided I didn't want to waste them, so I tried cooking one up--expecting a gross, tasteless, cardboard-like substance...


To my surprise, the bean burgesr were DELICIOUS!!!! After that, we started buying them all the time--despite the fact that I am FAR from a vegetarian! You can eat them on a bun like a regular burger, but this is our favorite way to eat them--just topped with a little Corn & Avocado Salsa. Find the recipe for the Corn Salsa HERE.

Black Bean Burgers with Corn & Avocado Salsa
(serves 2)

1 package Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Burgers (4 patties)
1 recipe Corn & Avocado Salsa

1. Thaw bean burgers according to package directions.

2. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet (i like using a grill pan) to medium heat. Fry burgers about 3 minutes per side or until heated through. You can also grill the burgers on a outside grill.

3. Top with corn salsa and enjoy! It's also perfect with a side of chips and The Best Salsa Ever :)

Seriously easy and seriously delicious and healthy!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

2 comments:

  1. I love Morningstar products, the black bean burgers are one of my favorites. I also love the chicken patties, so yummy!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a great low-carb idea and I love adding some fresh salsa. I'll definitely try this for lunch next time.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...