Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Favorite Summer Reads

Happy Friday!!!! I know I typically do a recipe for Foodie Friday, but Foodie Friday is taking a little hiatus for the next few weeks. As you know, I'll be hosting Create28 ~ Lovely Summer Looks with my gals Carrie and Whitney throughout July, so it will be all summer fashion!! Read about Create28 HERE and please join in the fun!!

Today I'm linking up with my Blogger Besties (again!) to share what we're reading this summer!! I will be honest ya'lls---there's not much time for me to read up in these parts. Between 3 kids, work, laundry, blogging, and trying to put dinner on the table, I have about 40 seconds a day to read an actual BOOK. But I do TRY. Here is a little of what I've been reading lately ~

1. The Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury ~ My best friend loaned me this entire series and I have to say it rocked my world. Even if you just read the first book, Redemption, I promise you will experience every range of emotion...joy, sadness, bitter, hatred..and possibly forgiveness. The characters and writing by this Christian author keep you enthralled and emotionally involved in every page!!

The next books are "reads in progress" ~

2. The Fives Run North-South by Dan Goodin ~ Ok, so this one has been on my Kindle for awhile but I haven't had the chance to read anything since the end of the school year!! I just picked it up and now (darn it!!) I can't put it down!! OMG--it is so good...I was reading it last night and I had to force myself to put it down at midnight so I could get some sleep!

I guess I will mention it just happens to be written by my good friend's hubby. Geez, I can say I knew them when....! Already has amazing Amazon reviews...i just love finding hidden gems like this one--WOW!

3. Jesus Calling by Sarah Young ~ I have heard about this book/devotional for awhile now but never purchased it until now. I got it for my mother in law for Mother's Day and she texted me a few weeks later saying it was "life changing." I guess I better get on this one, huh? I have been so busy lately, I have sometimes let my time with God slip a bit. I definitely think reading a little of this book each day will help get me back on track!


4. The Adventure of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain ~ I love reading to Brooke and Will before bed, but it's really rare when I can read a book that they both enjoy. The kids recently "found" this book at our neighborhood "free" library/book swap and boy, has it been a hit!! I read (parts) of this book when I was a kid, but had forgotten a lot of it. They are both at the edges of their beds when I read all about Tom and his adventures with Injun Joe! We are all loving it! It's one of the few books they have BOTH begged me to read more and more!!

So that's what's on my reading list this summer--and it's more than enough to keep me busy for a few months!! I can't wait to hear what you all are reading--i am always, always looking for ideas and motivation! Link up or leave you recommendations in the comments--please!!

Sprinkled Just Right | Nick and Nik | The Blondissima | Daily Style Finds | A Little Bit Of Cheer


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

14 comments:

  1. I love Jesus Calling!! It's simple, easy to read, & filled with such great truths! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus Calling is on my shelf too. I start with good intentions and then forget to read it daily, I need a better routine. Also- love the Tom Sawyer, I may read that to Willis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's kind of awesome that your friend's hubby wrote that book!! I'll have to check it out, there's nothing like a book you can't put down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you know someone that wrote a book! I'll have to check it out. I haven't heard of these books, but will definitely be adding them to my list. So glad we make this a link up so I can just refer back to my post and all of your posts are already linked :) I have too many pieces of paper floating around, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love hearing other people's book recommendations esp in the summer! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reading to your babies. Gold star for you. How super exciting to know the author of a book that you love. Has he written other books? Heading to B&N online to download a sample. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh. Thought I left a comment already but the Internet ate it. Please let your author-friend know that I tried to download a sample of his book through B&N for my Nook but they don't offer one. Heading over to Goodreads now to add the title to my to-read list. Gold star for you for reading to your babies. Love Jesus Calling. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will definitely add your friends book to my list. I read Jesus Calling every morning - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny, we both featured "Jesus Calling"! I would agree with your MIL, it is life changing! I hope you get a chance to experience it. Also, thank you for telling us about the Redemption series. Will have to put that on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so fun you are reading Tom Sawyer with your kids! You really can't go wrong with classics that everyone can enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to link up with y'all today. I'm loving all the reading lists and getting such good ideas. There's nothing better than a great book on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY Tom Sawyer!! And I am going to put The Fives Run in my Amazon cart right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any book that unpacks redemption has to make it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read Jesus Calling in awehile but definitely should pick it up again!
    Lovely list of inspirational reads.
    Rachel xo
    Bloggers Who Have Inspired me link up now LIVE

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...