Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

First Report

I've mentioned before that the jump from Kindergarten to First Grade was no joke. It went from reinforcing letters/sounds and crafts projects to reading 20-page long stories, spelling tests and reports! Yes, reports! I can't remember the grade I was in when I did my first report, but I'm quite certain it wasn't before 4th.

Times have changed. Brookey was assigned a TEN PAGE report on an animal of her choosing. Of course, it's not ten typed, single spaced pages, but still...she had to write out all the pages and illustrate the whole thing. Only 5 pictures could be printed from the internet.

The class even went to the Oakland Zoo to do "research" on their specific animal. She originally wanted to do a report on chinchillas, but their exhibit was under construction at the zoo, so she had to change to giraffes. It was crazy time-consuming but she actually enjoyed doing a lot more than "regular homework." Now she has to prepare for a 6 minute presentation on her report after Easter Break. Man, I need a break!! LOL!

Doing "Research" on giraffes at the zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...