Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Less than 5 Weeks Left!

This is truly the home stretch!! I'm ready, but I still can't believe it's APRIL. I really don't have too much to complain about but this has by far, been the hardest pregnancy of the 3. First trimester was plagued with just that "gross" feeling and extreme fatigue (but no puking or anything horrible!). Second trimester was glorious!! As soon as the third trimester came, I hit a major wall. I had long bouts of contractions that would last hours at a time. I felt more tired than I did in the first trimester and if that wasn't enough, I caught a cold and nasty, nasty cough that had me coughing in 3 hour spells during the night!! It got so bad, my OB had to give me codeine cough medicine--all that coughing was not great for the baby. That lasted an entire month.

Fast forward a few weeks--I was just minding my own business and had to sneeze...most PAINFUL sneeze of my life! I thought I had broken a rib. Every time I moved, the pain was so AWFUL! At night, I had to CRY just turn my body over. I finally decided to ask my physical therapist friend to take a look at it. Apparently, I tore some ligaments between my ribs and there was lots of swelling between certain ribs. Went to my OB the next day and he told me exactly the the same thing. He said it was most likely from all the coughing last month and the sneeze was finally the last straw! I can handle pain, but my concern was that there would be NO WAY I'd be able to push out a baby in my condition! I could hardly sit up in bed!! However, my OB assured me it was nothing an epidural wouldn't cover :) So that was a relief.

Last Friday, my PT friend taped me and did a little PT and ever since then I am SOOOOO happy to say it's been getting MUCH better. He is seriously a miracle-worker...and free, too! :) Now it's just remembering to "take it easy."

Last weekend, I got my third trimester burst of energy and we did some massive cleaning, purging and getting ready! The kid's rooms are all complete, clean and organized, the new crib set up, baby clothes washed, bags packed, diapers ready :) This weekend, we celebrated Easter and Scott's confirmation and now it's just waiting for baby!!! Based on Will being 4 weeks early, it could be any day now!!

The pic above is literally 1 of about 3 pictures taken since I've been preggo. It was taken this weekend-35 weeks!

3 comments:

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...