Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Brookey's New, Multifunctional Room!

Now that Scott is not working at home, we transformed the boring "office/guest room" into a multifunctional space...mostly for Brooke. She now has her own room. Since Will was born, they have both been sharing a room which has worked out great. In fact, we had to do a little convincing to get her to move into her own room! [she still hasn't completely "moved out"] They really love sharing and if it weren't for Baby 3, they'd probably continue to share until I heard complaints (which would come, I'm sure of it). And I will have to admit, it makes me smile when they are supposedly "going to sleep" and I hear them making each other laugh and giggle.

The room "decor" is not what humble, old Mom pictured for her little girl (i would love to do crystal chandeliers, pink toile and a french country theme). But I wanted to make this Brookey's space, not mine. So I let her choose the "theme," which turned out to be pink and zebra print!!! "It's my style, Mom." How can I argue with style?

We can easily take down the frilly canopy and Brookey can sleep in her old top bunk whenever guests come. So the space is still functional as a guest room. We kept the computer workstation in the room, too. She thinks she's the coolest kid on the block with a computer in her room! Plus a quiet place to do homework. So it still works as the "office," too. Truly multifunctional. So far, no complaints from anyone!

1 comment:

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...