Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ways to Wear ~ A Striped Dress


Happy Wednesday!!! As you probably know, I'm definitely a jeans type of girl, but every once in awhile I'm forced to wear something besides jeans (AKA: work!). And sometimes I just like to change it up and wear something different, as long as it's COMFY and functional.

I'd been looking for a casual-looking striped dress forEVER after seeing other people wear them and of course from Pinterest pictures like this:

Ways to Wear a Striped Dress
 And this...
Ways to Wear a Striped Dress
Casual, laid back, yet pulled together. I looked and looked but could never find the "right" striped dress. So one day I was picking up some candles, cereal, and tampons at Target (please say everyone shops as randomly as I do at Target...) and I happened to spot this navy and red striped dress.

I tried it on immediately without even looking at the price. It was AWESOME! Then I looked at the price....$7.88!! Whaaaat???? I felt like I was stealing it because I threw it in my cart so fast before anyone else scooped it up! Then I saw the same dress in black and white for...yes...$7.88, so I got that one too! With my Target Red Card, both dresses with tax came out to less than $20. Even if I only wore them once, I figure it was still a good deal :) #girlmath. Well, I never expected I'd be wearing these dresses in as many ways as I came up with! It's amazing how versatile they are.

Check it out...

Ways to Wear a Striped Dress

Ways to Wear a Striped Dress


 Here are the details:

Outfit 1: With a cargo vest, long necklace and tall boots. You could also add navy tights!
Outfit 2: Layered with a navy cable-knit sweater so it looks like a skirt! Again, navy tights would be great.

Outfit 3: Super simple--jean jacket, long necklace and ankle boots.

Outfit 4: Sweater, scarf and black tights. It's a skirt/dress in one!


Outfit 5: With colored tights and a scarf. I love layering long necklaces under my scarves.

Outfit 6: Chambray shirt and Converse. I'll be repeating this weekend look a lot this spring!!

Now, I'm super sad to say I purchased these dresses several months back, and I haven't seen them on the Target clearance rack in while, but the black and white striped one is still available online (sorry, it's not $8, though!).

Merona Knit Shift Dress: on clearance in limited sizes 

I also found a few other options below that are similar. I am actually surprised that I wear the red/navy one more than the black and white one! Both are equally as versatile and can either be super casual or dressy. Another great thing is that a dress like this can span multiple seasons--i love pieces like this! Throw on some tights and boots and it's a winter outfit. Pair it with a baseball hat and Converse/flip flops and it's perfect for spring!

This one is almost identical to my Target red/navy one. I love that it has little pockets!

Gap Stripe Ponte Dress (on sale!)


This one looks super comfy!! Perfect for spring.

Mossimo Striped T-Shirt Dress



This one is cute with a little bling. Be sure you wait until it goes on sale for at least 50% off!

Loft Sweatshirt Dress:


Cheers to finding the perfect striped dress! If you find the right one, I know you'll be happy to have it in your closet!

XO ~ Casey

If you want to check out my other Wardrobe Wednesday posts click here:

Getting Dressed, Mom Style
Easy Outfit Formulas 

Linking up with some of my favorite blogs: A Little Bit of Everything, Grace and Love, Momfessionals and Jo Lynn Shane.


9 comments:

  1. Love how you styled your dresse! Can't wait to try some of these ideas! Thanks Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Great ideas. Great job on your blog!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love that striped dress look on you! I've never had a striped dress and now I want to try one! I'll be on the look out!!!
    Thanks!
    Jan Fisher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would definitely rock the striped dress for sure, Jan!

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from Friday Favorites! Love the dress and your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Casey! Found your blog through Pinterest and I love how informative it is! I happened to buy this $17.90 gray/black striped dress from Forever 21 today: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=DRESS&productid=2000054211. I'm a huge fan of dresses with pockets and figured this would be the perfect dress to slip into after working out at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to wear striped dresses and this navy and red striped dress is beautiful,you gave me great ideas with these perfect outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...