Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ways to Wear ~ Simple Green Shirt

One of the major shopping pitfalls is buying clothing that can only be worn in a few different outfits. I LOVE when I can find an item that can be a workhorse in my closet that I can pair with multiple items to make a bunch of outfits.

This green shirt from Target is definitely one of those items! {I know last week's post was on an Target item as well....I actually do own clothes NOT from Target--for the record #justsayin } There are plenty of shirts similar to this at other stores (see below), so you can find one that strikes your fancy. Having this exact Target shirt is not essential. Nor is the color of this shirt. Choose any color you like! I'm just showing you ways you can wear a shirt similar to this one--basically a flowy, not tight-fitting style, no collar (so you can dress it down) and preferably longer in the back or "tunic" style so you have the option of wearing it with leggings.

Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt

 There are sooo many ways shirts like this are a wonderful addition to your closet:

1) It can be dressed up or down. You can pair it with jean shorts or a pencil skirt and it never looks out of place (for the record, I don't own a pencil skirt, so you will just have to take my word for it or try it yourself! LOL!)

2) It can span multiple seasons. Here in Northern California, I can wear this shirt all 4 seasons. With shorts in the summer and a blanket scarf and boots in the winter.

3) You can find one for not a lot of money. This one from Target is $20.

Here are the larger versions of the outfits above:


Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt
 1. Cozy in the winter: Paired with a blanket scarf and boots.


Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt
2. With a Vest: Throw on a vest and boots and it's a great for fall or winter.


Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt
3. Summer Fun: The shirt is light and breezy and I love it with shorts and flip flops or wedges.


Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt
4. With black pants or leggings: I've worn this outfit to work several times--black pants and ankle boots. Also, the shirt is longer in the back and it totally covers your booty so it's also great with leggings and tall boots!

 5. Converse Love: I can't go a week without my trusty Converse! I throw this shirt on and it's super casual and dressed down.

Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt
6. Wear it with your boyfriend: I'll be wearing this outfit a lot during spring--boyfriend jeans and wedges with a sloppy tuck.

Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt
7. Fall Florals: I love this outfit for the beginning of fall when you aren't quite ready to say goodbye to summer--Boots and a floral scarf.

Ways to Wear Olive Green Shirt
8. Layered: This shirt is also great layered under a poncho or cardigan!

This exact Target shirt isn't available online (WHEN is someone going to let Target know their website SUCKS??!!), but I have seen it in multiple stores. Now they have cute spring colors like cobalt, hot pink and mint. I can't comment on the lighter colors--I only have it in black and green. The lighter colors may show wrinkles more.

Here are some options for a shirt similar to this one:

1. Pleione Mixed Media Tunic: This top is GORGEOUS in person. I bought the red one and it was to die for. However, it wrinkled so much I had to return it. Literally within an hour of putting it on, it was wrinkled beyond wear. That being said, I have heard wonderful things about the black one, which I don't think shows wrinkles as much. Like my Target one, it's also long in the back so you can wear it with leggings.


2. Old Navy: This one looks light and breezy and I like the pleating detail on the front. It also comes in navy, ivory and "guava."


3. Lush Roll-Tab Shirt: I have this Lush top (in a print) and I LOVE it!! It's great quality for the price, too. I love all of the Lush tops!!


How would you wear a top like this?

And fun news! Next week, I'll be starting a 4-Part Series on Building a Wardrobe You Love. Since Spring is right around the corner, it's perfect timing to start cleaning out your closet and thinking about your Spring wardrobe. Here is the schedule of posts for the upcoming weeks! I hope you'll join me!

Check out some of my other Wardrobe Wednesday posts....

The Striped Dress
Easy Outfit Formulas
Getting Dressed, Mom Style

Linking up again with some of my favorite blogs: A Little Bit of Everything, Momfessionals, Grace and Love Jo Lynn Shane

XO ~ Casey

6 comments:

  1. Great idea for a blog post! I loved all your outfits:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea and that is a cute top! When I buy stuff, I always envision myself wearing it with my other clothes before I decide whether I should get it or not. :)

    -Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of theses looks, Casey!! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looks, Casey! Looking forward to your upcoming posts in this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, Casey!! So many cute ideas here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the outfit ideas! Looking forward to your up coming posts!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...