Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Foodie Friday: Avacado Chicken Salad

I'm going to admit this up front--my mother in law makes the best chicken salad. Ever. It's creamy and delicious goodness that I can eat by the bowlful. Delicious? Yes. Figure Friendly. Um....no. Someday, with her permission, I'll share this recipe. In the meantime, since everyone is still on their New Year's weight loss high, I'm posting my version that will help you stick to those New Years resolutions a bit better...



Avocado Chicken Salad
2 cups shredded chicken (easiest to use a cooked, rotisserie chicken!)
1 avocado, diced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Juice of one lime
1-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup greek yogurt, plain
Salt/Pepper

1) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrgerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors marry.

2) Season with salt and pepper, if needed.

3) Serve with pita bread, regular bread or over a bed of greens.

Super fresh and yummy. Just what you need this New Year!!

XO ~ Casey



1 comment:

  1. Pinned your chicken salad (thank you for making it more diet friendly). Hope to make it very soon. Have a restful, re-energizing spring break.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...