Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: 5 Days of Lunches

Last month I wrote about being nervous that I actually had to make lunch for my kiddos this year. Well, it's turning out to be better than I expected....so far :) I refer back to this post often and mix and match my main course + fruit/veggie + sides lists. So far, I've kept it pretty tame but hopefully in the coming months I can experiment with soups and other thermos-type items.  I also pack lunches with the kids, so they can give me input about what they want. I find they are much more likely to eat it if they have some sort of say in the process.

Here are a five of my recently packed lunches:

** Don't forget you can Pin all of the images to Pinterest and refer back to them later!

Day 1
Main Course: Tortilla chips with shredded cheese
Fruit/Veggie: Nectarine slices, juice (optional!)
Sides: Whole wheat cereal, Nutri Grain bar

Day 2
Main Course: Cheese Roll Up (made the night before)
Fruit/Veggie: Plum, Juice (optional)
Sides: Sun Chips, Yogurt

Day 3
Main Course: Jelly sandwich & turkey pepperoni and cheese kebab (Will was HUNGRY)
Fruit/Veggie: Grapes
Sides: Fiber One lemon bar (Yumm!!! Found them at Costo), Pirate's Booty

Day 4
Main Course: Waffles and Syrup
Fruit/Veggie: Apple slices (you can toss them in a little orange juice to keep them from browning)
Sides: Nutri Grain bar, Cheese stick, Danimals Smoothie

Day 5
Main Course: Ham and Swiss sandwich
Fruit/Veggie: Grapes
Sides: Fiber One lemon bar, Sun Chips


Happy lunch-packing!!!

~XO

1 comment:

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...