Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Seven on Sunday ~ Week 30 CAMPING EDITION!

Yes, I am fully aware it's NOT SUNDAY! I know, I know. I should just drop the "Sunday" and just call it "Seven." Well, actually that doesn't work either because today I have more than 7 pics!! HA!
We'll just call it a work in progress!! I love having this though, to stay accountable to getting the pics off my phone and preserving all the fun memories!!

This past weekend was super fun! We did our last camping trip of the summer! (well, maybe!) Somehow I got completely lucky and scored a site at  Calaveras Big Trees National Park, about 3 hours from here. Someone must have cancelled because two weeks in advance it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a site at a state or national park out here!

Here are the highlights~

They are so ZEN when they camp!

 Family walk at dusk and selfie fun!

 Mighty strong :)


These two!

Tree huggers!

 Lots of big trees!!
 Family pic :) (by a big tree)


The biggest stump!


We are trying to be funny but truth be told it was getting dark and we were kinda sorta lost in the woods!!! It started out as a quick evening stroll after dinner and ended up being like a 3 mile hike! We finally got back to the campsite at 9pm! For the record, Will was freaking out thinking a bear was going to eat him!!



The next day we checked out the Stanislaus River


So pretty!


We are so bad at selfies!Look at Sarah's hair! For reals!


After that, we went swimming in a cave! They are SUCH TROOPERS! To get to this cave, we literally hiked nearly a mile in over 10 degree heat. They hardly complained! Then on the way back in was practically all uphill! Even the adults doing the hike were having a hard time (myself included!)


 Hiking in 100 degree heat! She's amazing!!!


The next day we did another hike through the Redwoods...this time it was LIGHT outside and the hike was COOL and FLAT :) I think they were tired because they did complain about this one! HA!


Check out this tree!

On the trail!


Hi!!


 Look at Brookey! Not happy :) HA!


I promise I never, ever tell he to pose like this!


They had such a great time!!! Maybe we can get in one last camping trip in before the summer is officially over,but with soccer starting it will be tough!



Friend me on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 


 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great camping trip! What a lovely family you have!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...