Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Simple, Crockpot Mongolian Beef

Ok you guys HAVE to try this recipe! I made it and it was such a hit at our house!!! I suggest doubling it because we had zero leftovers!

If you are concerned about the sugar content, you can substitute Stevia or honey--just start with a small amount and taste the "sauce" until it's sweet enough for your liking.

Crockpot Mongolian Beef
Serves 2-4

1 1/2 lbs flank steak, cut into large strips
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
4 cloves garlic, ,minced
3/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
3/4 water
3/4 brown sugar
1 cup shredded carrots (i used the kind in the bag)
3-4 scallions for garnish

1. Toss steak slices in cornstarch. Discard extra cornstarch and place meat into the crockpot.
2. Whisk together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water and brown sugar; pour sauce over meat.
3. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW 5-6 hours until meat is tender and sauce has thickened. (If the sauce needs to be thicker, take a little of the sauce and mix in a little more cornstarch--then add back into the crockpot. It will thicken quickly).
4. A few minutes before you are ready to serve, stir in carrots ( i like to add them late in the cooking process so they don't get soggy)
4. Serve over brown rice and garnish with scallions!

ENJOY!!!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, I will have to try this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks sooo good. Wonder what I could substitute for the corn starch...I always tend to avoid recipes that have that...but maybe I should start searching...like potato starch maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm saving this one! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...