Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Seven on Sunday ~ Week 16

I'm back!!!! I've missed the last two weeks because of the move, but I think I can throw something together for this week. Our new house is starting to feel like home but we still have A LOT of work to do. I'm talking, YEARS of work and additions and touches to the house! YEARS! But I am fine with it because I truly feel like this is our "forever" home...so we have some time!!!

The house itself is gorgeous but cosmetically, it was a a fixer upper! We're talking 10 different colors on the walls (and not NICE colors, BTW), overgrown yard and RED CABINETS (which apparently are infamous in our neighborhood!).

Anyhoooo...it's a work in progress, but the fresh coat of paint is making all the difference! I will post some before and after pics as soon as we have some "afters!" In the meantime, here is just a hodge podge of randomness from the last two weeks!

My girls love to take selfies ("selfies of myself" as Sarah says)


They're pretty thrilled about the new backyard!!


One of their favorite things is watching the golfers and searching for golf balls in the backyard.They have found at least a dozen already! FORE!!


The Big Paint Dilemma of 2016 has come and gone! Thank GOD! Lesson learned: a tiny swatch of paint is NOT an indicator of how it will look on your walls (everyone that chimed in on Facebook with advice--THANK YOU!!!!!! You were all right!) This room below is super dark in the morning (faces west) and the dark floors (not my choice)  make it even darker. So the color we chose brightens it up SO MUCH! It's crazy--there were so many DARK colors in this house and lightening it up changes the look COMPLETELY!

This is the "before" picture (see all the gray paint swatches??!)...it actually looks better in the picture than in person. It was a pretty "heavy/rich" yellow/gold that really weighed down the room. I am going for the light/bright/airy look throughout the house so I am glad it's gone! The fireplace and cabinet also got a fresh coat of bright white paint vs. the antique white it used to be, which I just thought looked dirty!


We celebrated her last basketball game at Buffalo Wild Wings!!


So our old house...it literally looked like homeless people inhabited it when we moved out. No joke,. It was NASTY! I had this AMAZING team of cleaning ladies come in --4 of them came at 5:30am and scrubbed the house down to the nubs for 6 hours straight. The oven, inside drawers, walls, blinds, baseboards, EVERYTHING. Then a carpet guy came and worked his magic on the carpet and I swear, I had a brand new house afterward!

I went over to the old house one night to grab the last few things...I said goodbye to every room and left a note to the new owner telling him how well the house served us and how many memories we made there! And yes, I shed a few tears, but nothing terrible :) Two weeks later, I don't miss our old house at all!


Saying goodbye to the house! The kids said goodbye and never wanted to go back or drive by or anything. They wanted closure! Now, like me,  I don't think they miss the old house one bit :)


Will presenting his 10 page animal report on parrots :)  It's so great because I remember Brooke doing the same thing 3 years ago! So fun!


End of the year basketball party at the park! I think Scott got talked into coaching next year! HA!


So proud of this kid!! Representing the 1st grade at our school in the Mental Math Bowl! There were 4 rounds of mental math and he answered correctly in each round! We thought for sure he would get at least 3rd place but I have no idea how they scored it. All I know is I am SOOOO proud of him!!

Clearly he was super excited for me to take his pic before the competition!!!



Little Sis was proud too :)


My 'lil math guy :)


Alrighty! That is all the randomness I have for this week! Hopefully, in the next few weeks I will have more house pics to share! It's been a PROCESS getting everything up and running but it's coming along...slowly but surely!!


Friend me on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 


 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...