Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

Pesto Chicken ~ 21 Day Fix Approved!

I recently purchased the 21 Day Fix cookbook, Fixate and I am loving it! There are so many great ideas for healthy meals, snacks and drinks--101 to be exact! I have been working through each recipe one at at time!

One of my favorite is this super simple Caprace Pesto Chicken!

Basically 5 ingredients and if you wanted add add arugula or mixed greens to it, that's 6 :) Super easy, super simple, super healthy!

Pesto Chicken
Serves 2

2 bonesless, skinless chicken breasts (i like to pound mine out thin, so they cook faster)
1 large tomato, sliced
2 tablespoons store bought pesto sauce (look for one with the FEWEST ingredients possible!)
4 slices fresh mozzarella
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt/pepper to taste

1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
3. Place chicken on a plate and top each piece with 2 slices of tomato, 1 tablespoon pesto
and 2 slices of fresh mozzarella.
**at this point, you can put the chicken on a cookie sheet and place it under the broiler for a minute or two so the cheese will melt, but it's not necessary.

21 Day Fix Containers (per serving): 1/2 green, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 teaspoon

We had this chicken with a side arugula dressed with lemon juice and a glass of wine. I was FULL afterwards let me tell you! So yummy!

If you want more healthy, 21 Day Fix approved recipes, you can follow my board on Pinterest HERE.


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

5 comments:

  1. I love anything with pesto and this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My mouth is watering! Happy Friday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! My husband and I started the 21 Day Fix on Monday, so we will have to try this! Pinning this one for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...