Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Easiest Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Let me be perfectly clear about one thing: I LOATHE baking. I just simply DO NOT like it, Sam I Am! I've tried it in a car, on a plane, in a boat, I've tried it here, I've tried it there....whoops, can you tell I have little ones and I'm a teacher?! :) There is just something about the exact-ness, the measuring, the flour-everywhere thing that makes me shy away from baking. This precise art is better left to my better half, Scott :)

That being said, I CAN throw together a pretty mean semi-homemade Bundt Cake and I'm a hero whenever I decide I'm brave enough to make my Oatmeal Cookies from scratch. This recipe for  Banana Bread was originally given to me by my friend's mom, I just modified it a little. I knew I would survive baking this because although it's not from a premade mix, you can just throw everything in a bowl and stir!! No mixers, no rolling gooey dough into balls, none of that! Just dump, mix and bake :)

The result is piece of awesomeness that never lasts longer than 24 hours in my house. My kids eat it for breakfast, for dessert and request a slice for lunch. You can also pour the mix into a cupcake tin and make muffins as well (just cut down on the baking time, obviously). It's great with nuts, too, if you're a nut kind of person :)


Easiest Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3-4 very ripe bananas, the riper the better!
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 eggs
1/4 to 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons of milk
1 cup of chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325; spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. Mash bananas in the bottom of a large bowl.

3. Add the next 7 ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until well combined.

4. Fold in chocolate chips.

5. Pour batter into the loaf pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes with foil on, then remove foil and continue cooking another 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

6. Let cool, slice and serve!!

**Just a note, this recipe is VERY forgiving. So if you accidentally put in FOUR tablespoons of milk or a little more brown sugar, it will all turn out fine :) My kind of baking :)

XO ~ Casey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...