Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Seven on Sunday: Week 13

Although this week got off to a **shaky** start (har, har!), we finished strong :)

Day 1: Sunday--While we were camping, Scott and I were shaken out of our sleeping bags by the Great Napa Earthquake of 2014! We were very nervous about the condition of our house, so we headed home to assess the damage. This was the extent of it, so we were blessed...just a few crooked pictures and one broken frame...

Day 2: Monday--First day of school! Where does the time go??! A 4th grader and a Kindergartner! It was a super short day--just Mass and an hour of school so the adjustment was easy. They both had awesome days:

Day 3: Tuesday-- My first day back at work!! I worked on my bulletin board and theme for the year which is a spin-off on the famous Notre Dame football quote, "PLAY Like a Champion Today." This year I'm going to have the kiddos decorate footballs with their pictures on them to put up on this board. I seriously love my job!!


Day 4: Wednesday--Today was the first day it was just Sarah and I! We missed Brookey and Buddy!!! We filled the time with lots of errands and then we made this amazing Pumpkin Gooey Goodness cake! (I don't have a better name for it!!) The kids were so excited when they came home to this awesome after school treat!!

Day 5: Thursday--For much of the summer, Brookey and Buddy decided to share a bed. It was super cute...they would go to bed and talk and giggle and laugh for sometimes an hour before going to sleep. A few weeks ago, Brookey decided to move back into her own bunk. Well, ever since the earthquake they are back to sharing a bed again! Brookey said she's not taking any chances with the top bunk! LOL! It's really cute :) I love how they are clearly divided (Tinkerbell and Spiderman), separated by the giant ducky. LOVE THESE TWO!!!

Day 6: Friday--We were all still adjusting the new school schedule so the kids were SO THRILLED when they could sleep in (school holiday) and I told them we didn't have to leave the house today. Here's Sarah blowing bubbles on the porch. Let's just pause and appreciate the neon Converse....her new favorite shoes. She wore them to church with a sundress, too. I choose my battles :)

 Day 7: Saturday--Saturday Scott watched football, I went shopping and the kids had their first root beer floats!!! A pretty perfect day. Nevermind shirtless Buddy...it's his "thing" now. :)

Have a great week! See you back here Wednesday for Recipe Wednesday!!

XO ~ Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...