Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Seven on Sunday: Summer Challenge Week 9!

Well, we're nearing the END of summer. The kiddos go back to school Monday, August 25th so we are trying to make the most of each day! I think we've done well with our Summer Challenge! Remember, the Summer Challenge was to try to do something fun, together as a family each day. I think we've succeeded almost every day with a small handful of exceptions (this week being one of them!).

Last week, the wedding excitement was over, but we still had the pleasure of my brother in law and his family staying with us for a few extra days. We tried to make the most of it! The rest of the week we were busy getting ready for school to start!

Day 1: Sunday--Today we all went to a special Mass in the park called Mass on the Grass. Then the boys went to Berkeley to hang out. That evening we cooked Vietnamese wraps on the little indoor grill. This is kind of a tradition when we get together with Scott's brother's family. Sooo much fun! Look at my white boys with their Vietnamese food! :)

Day 2: Monday--Scott took the day off on Monday and it was a gorgeous day to head up to Sonoma. The beautiful view from from Domaine Carneros. Why is Will holding on for dear life??!!


Day 3: Tuesday--Tuesday was a sad, sad day :( Everyone flew home to Indiana, Scott went back to work and it was just me and the kids home all alone. We decided to get out of the house and go school and soccer-shoe shopping. Ugh..17 stores later, we ended up with 8 pairs of shoes (lots of Buy 1, Get 1 for 50% off deals!) :) On a nicer note, here is Sarah spending a little quality time with Baby Emily before she left.

Day 4: Wednesday--School supply shopping. Ugh. Need I say more? I decided next year I am going to take each of the kids individually so they can actually ENJOY the experience. Today WAS NOT enjoyable!!

Day 5: Thursday--I honestly cannot remember what we did on Thursday and there are no pics on my camera to document it. I do know it involved lots of laundry, cleaning and buying Brookey a new school uniform. But nothing "Summer Challenge" worthy!!! #epicfail :)

Day 6: Friday--Friday was a beautiful day for a little shopping and the park...the park being their reward for me dragging them shopping. Let's just say a Nordie's dressing room was involved again :)

Day 7: Saturday--Even though Brooke did league soccer last year, and Buddy has been doing soccer "classes" since he was 3, I think I elevated to official Soccer Mom status with both of the kiddos in the league this year!! It's gonna be CRAZY! Today was opening day so we spent the morning watching the kids' parade, hanging out at the park and taking team photos. Here's my Power Puff and my Rockin' Ranger (can you guess who is who??!) :)

One more week of the Summer Challenge left and I intend the make the most of it!! Cheers to a great week!!

XO ~ Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...