Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Seven on Sunday: The Final Summer Challenge :(

Just like I knew it would, summer went by soooo quickly! I have to admit, though that everyone (myself) included is excited to get back to school and start a routine again...as crazy as it gets sometimes!

I started the Summer Challenge 10 weeks ago with the hopes that we would make the very most of each and every day of our precious summer. And frankly, so **I**, personally would make an effort to enjoy each and every day with my precious little ones who are growing up too quickly. Looking back at all the pictures, I think we did an awesome job at making the most of our 10 weeks. We hiked, we baked, we camped, we scootered, we swam, we ate Popsicles, we danced, we sang, we got Slurpees, we hung out with old friends, we made new friends, we rode trains, we went to the fair, we shed a few tears leaving my dad's old house, we played with cousins, we ran through vineyards, we witnessed a beautiful wedding. Most of all we laughed...a lot. Yep, it was a wonderful and exhausting summer!

Here are the seven photos from our last Summer Challenge week. Next week, it will be back to the grind and back to our regular Seven of Sunday, which is just s snapshot of our week in pictures. Cuz we'll be too busy for any challenges!!! :)

Day 1: Sunday-- Beautiful day for a family pool day! It's rare that Daddy comes with us! The weather was perfect but when we arrived at the pool, we were the only ones there! Score!!!

Day 2: Monday--What a lazy, lazy day. I swear, no one wanted to do anything!!! We kinda just hung out all day, then around 3:30 decided to take a walk to get out of the house. I think this is what they mean by the dog days of summer. Sarah with her bike helmet on :) She wanted to hold my hand while we walked which was very rare for her!


Day 3: Tuesday--We couldn't waste any more days being lazy so we packed up and went to the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. The place is so cool and I am amazed at everything every time I go. I think this jellyfish "display" is my favorite thing. We also surprised Scott at his office afterwards! :)

Day 4: Wednesday--It was off to Costco to stock up on some school lunch items. As you know, I'm new to making lunch for the kids to take to school! I let Brooke and Will choose a few things they wanted for their lunch. They chose Danimals, Nutri Grain Bars, Fruit Cups and Sun Chips!

Day 5: Thursday--At our house Pizza Night is ALWAYS Friday!! However, since I had to work all day today I changed it up and had pizza night THURSDAY! Crazy! LOL! They loved it, clearly.

Day 6: Friday--We went to Fenton's for the best french fries, crab salad and ice cream!! Sooooo yummy--i don't think there was a crumb of food left.

Day 7: Saturday--Crazy day! We left the house at 7am for an 7:30 soccer game (Brookey did AWESOME!). Then it was immediately off to "Glamping" in Napa! As we now know, that ended up on a **shaky** note!! Har, har :) Other than the earthquake, it was great fun. We love staying in a Yurt (which is basically like a round cabin). Three kids and a Yurt:

Well, that wraps up the Rooney Summer Challenge of 2014! What a fun summer!!! See ya back here Wednesday for Recipe Wednesday for the best, easiest recipe ever created. And of course, regular Seven on Sunday next Sunday!!

XO ~ Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...